Contract type: Fixed-term position (18 months)
management4health (m4h) is currently seeking to recruit an experienced Team Leader (part-time or full-time) that will ensure professional project steering and liaison with key stakeholders and partners. Further details of the project will be provided during the interview process.
The Team Leader will work closely with the Client, the backstopping team at management4health in Germany as well as the project team on-site and short-term experts. The scope of services includes, but is not limited to:
- Ensuring delivery of the scope of services of the firm and provide overall oversight and management of the firm.
- Assist in Inter-Ministerial Coordination based on the National Urban Health Strategy Action Plan and advise how to improve the coordination mechanisms for PHC services between relevant ministries and the Local Government Division (LGD), as well as the City Corporations and Urban Local Bodies (ULBs).
- Assist in the development of strategic health plans for the selected ULBs.
- Develop organograms and reorganization plans of the health department of the selected ULBs in line with its intended functions.
- Consult senior officials of ULBs and obtain their agreement on the strategic health plans, organograms, and reorganization plans.
- Facilitate, monitor and evaluate the regular coordination mechanisms of ULBs with LGD and the ward levels.
- The team leader will contribute to the climate risk and adaptation assessments in the urban PHC sector and ensure quality assurance of related reports to be submitted.
- Ensure proper project planning and implementation
- Closely liaise and coordinate with the Client’s representative
- Ensure supervision of the local team and the international short-term experts
- Regularly update the work schedule, adjust milestones, cost and time tracking for each project task, and report any potential delays or bottleckes to the Client, m4h and partners
- Support update of financial disbursement plans and financial projections for the project
- Regularly monitor and report on implementation progress to both Client onsite and m4h team in Germany
- Master’s Degree in health management or relevant field
- Medical degree will be given preference
- 10 years of working experience for similar assignments in public health sector
- Work experience to advice on essential service package and human re-sources for health will be given preference
- Must have worked in Bangladesh or in a developing country with social economic status of Bangladesh. Should have proven experience for leading a team of multi-disciplinary experts.
- Fluent in English with excellent writing and communication skills
- Structured co-ordination, organisational, time management, monitoring and communication skills
- Experience in budget and financial management
- Thorough familiarity with MS Office, especially Word, Excel and Power Point
- To apply, please send your CV with a motivation letter to the attention of Mrs Susanne Manns at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates should state the role (Team Leader / PHC) in the subject header
- Please indicate availability for part-time and / or full-time position
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview
- m4h is an equal opportunities employer