A JOB THAT INSPIRES YOU
- Tracking of projects / early intelligence, research of background information
- technic offers and the selection of project staff
- Contact to / networking with donors (especially USAID and EU), clients, partners, and experts
- Management and coordination of the acquisition process, including preparation of Expressions of Interest (EoI) and technical proposals, staff recruitment and fee negotiations, identification of consortium partners, support to the preparation of financial proposals
- Organizing and conducting fact-finding missions as required
- technical and financial backstopping, monitoring project budgets while taking into account the formal requirements of the contracting organizations
- Direct counterpart for project team on-site and for donor organizations
- Close cooperation with the consortium partners and local partners
- Donor, client, partner, and expert management
A BACKGROUND THAT CONVINCES US
- Master degree in Agriculture & Agribusiness or similar
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in development cooperation, ideally in the consulting business with focus on agriculture & agribusiness
- Knowledge of procedures and requirements, especially USAID, WB, EU, GIZ and KfW, is a definite plus
- Outstanding written communications skills in English (C1), French would be an advantage
- Excellent writing, communication, networking and team-working skills
- Capability to pursue set targets self-driven within the usual project constraints (budget, period)
- Good planning and organizational skills
AN ENVIRONMENT THAT MOTIVATES YOU
- With a position in our modern headquarter in Bonn, work and live in one of the most vibrant and attractive region “Cologne / Bonn” of Germany
- Fringe benefits including e. g. subsidy for public transport in the region (‘Deutschlandticket’) & Job bike leasing
- Short communication and decision-making processes
- The ability to work autonomously and result-oriented
- An excellent work atmosphere in a motivated, intercultural team with exceptionally experienced colleagues
- Continuous training and skill development
READY FOR CHANGE?
Please upload your complete application (motivation letter – maximum one page, CV, work references, and certificates)
Our services for public organizations and private companies cover transition of Agriculture & Agribusiness, the whole range from primary production to processing and marketing. Financial Sector Development focuses on developing tailor-made credit and saving products and establishing an appropriate regulation and supervision system.
AFC provides consultancy for public organizations and private companies related to technical and financial cooperation worldwide.
Our staff features extended hands-on experience combined with updated scientific know-how. We believe that our technical expertise combined with strong strategic partnerships and reliable networks in many developing and transition countries, serves perfectly our clients all over the world - today and in the future.
Our permanent staff includes more than 60 professionals in our head office in Bonn and more than 900 experts in our projects abroad.