We are one of the leading German consulting companies working within the framework of international development cooperation. We strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world. We provide consulting services and run projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds, be it through GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and others. Since 1982, we have been active in more than 130 countries and continuously expand the scope of our work, which currently includes ten technical departments.
In the Financial Systems Development (FSD) Department, we focus on consultancy services related to banking, small business lending, agricultural & rural finance and renewable energy / energy efficiency financing projects.
Join our team in the FSD Department in Hamburg as an open-minded and versatile SME / Agricultural Finance Consultant (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
- Acquisition of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals in the field of FSD
- Management of ongoing projects and studies (backstopping) on site and Hamburg-based (financial and technical administration, monitoring and evaluation of projects and studies)
- Networking with donor agencies, beneficiaries, partner companies or institutions, subcontractors and experts
- Conducting fact-finding and technical short-term consultancy missions
- Elaboration of reports, concepts and presentations and contribution to knowledge and quality management
- Active contribution to the further development of the thematic areas of SME Finance and Agricultural / Rural Finance
- Representing GFA in conferences and seminars
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals
- University degree (MA) in economics, business administration, or related fields
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in the context of development cooperation, preferably related to small business and/or agri-finance, banking, private sector or rural development
- Familiarity with the German (GIZ, KfW) and European development sector (e.g. EIB, EBRD); a profound understanding of the strategies and policies of the relevant donor agencies will be an asset
- Working experience in developing countries and/or emerging countries. Experience in Sub-Saharan Africa and/or Middle East/North Africa is an asset
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English is a prerequisite; at least intermediate level in French (C1) is considered a strong asset
- Willingness to travel extensively to countries in Africa and the Middle East region
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism
- Ability to work in intercultural teams
What we offer:
We work at the heart of International Cooperation and find solutions to global challenges through our projects. Integrated into a team of employees from all over the world and different backgrounds, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) by email to:
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Theda Matthiesen email@example.com
Please read carefully our CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA