In-house opportunity at ADT Project Consulting GmbH, in Bonn / Germany
Project Manager with Livestock or Veterinary Experience (m/f/d)
ADT Project Consulting GmbH is an innovative and reliable German consulting firm that focuses on technical assistance and international projects in the areas of livestock, agriculture, veterinary & food safety, agribusiness and rural development. Since 1995 we have been working for governments, development agencies, public institutions as well as for enterprises and organisations of agriculture and the food industry in more than 60 countries (see www.adtproject.de). Main clients are the German Ministry of Food and Agriculture (BMEL), EU EuropeAid and other EU programmes, GIZ, FAO, USAID, WB and other public donors as well as private organisations/companies.
We are currently looking for up to two open-minded and motivated Project Managers (m/f/d) with professional background in Livestock or Veterinary Medicine to expand our team in 2020 at our head office in Bonn/Germany.
The Project Managers will be responsible for the management of ongoing projects and the acquisition of new livestock or veterinary projects. The duty station will be Bonn/Germany, with frequent travel to project partner countries. Key responsibilities will include:
- Management of project components or projects in Africa, Asia or other regions of the world (backstopping), on-site and Bonn-based;
- Management of study tours to Germany and missions of international experts to partner countries;
- Support the acquisition of new projects, including elaboration of technical and financial proposals;
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and sector experts;
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy and training missions, including participation in feasibility and project preparatory studies, in particular in the areas of livestock production, livestock services and information systems and animal health;
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including ADT publications and PR activities;
- Representation in conferences and seminars;
- Maintenance of virtual workspaces, project websites and content management systems;
- Support of further activities in the home office in Bonn/Germany towards achieving the company’s objectives.
Qualifications and requirements
- University degree (Master) in agriculture science or related fields (preferable animal science or veterinary medicine);
- Experience and motivation in the context of development cooperation, preferably related to international agriculture / livestock / food safety / veterinary topics;
- Working experience in donor funded international projects;
- Full proficiency in written and spoken German and English is prerequisite. In addition, professional working proficiency in French or further languages is an advantage;
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications and website management;
- Willingness to frequently travel abroad;
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism.
Interested candidates (junior or senior consultants) should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates / salary expectation) by email until January 31st, 2020 to:
ADT Project Consulting GmbH
Adenauerallee 174, 53113 Bonn
Tel.: (+49) 228 91447 33