Junior expert for project management (vocational training) and gender-related activities
On behalf of KfW NIRAS IP Consult currently implements the “Vocational Education and Agricultural Training Programme Phase IV” in Ethiopia. The objective of the project is to improve vocational and agricultural training in vocational schools and engineering higher education institutions. The project started October 2017 and the current phase will run until September 2021. For our team in Ethiopia we search for a junior for the following tasks:
MAJOR TASKS OF THE EXPERT
- Assistance to the team leader in all project management related tasks;
- Assistance to the team leader in the coordination of short- and long-term experts;
- Assistance to the team leader in implementing gender-related activities;
- Assistance to the project in the field of communication;
- Compilation of reports on the project’s activities;
- Coordination of TVET training activities.
- You have a university degree in education, economics or in a related field (e.g. social science).
- Within 3 years of working experience you have already acquired knowledge in project planning, management and strategy development.
- You are familiar with administrational procedures of the German Development Cooperation (KfW and/or GIZ).
- Additional knowledge in project monitoring and/or procurement would be an asset.
- You have a track record of good reporting, editorial, presentation and team working skills.
- You have experience in gender-sensitive project planning and implementing.
- You have experience in working with the latest software, such as Excel or MS Project.
- Working in an international environment and/or intercultural teams (preferably in East Africa) is already part of your daily routine.
- Excellent communication skills in German and English.
Your assignment is in Addis Ababa/Ethiopia and is planned until the end of the project. In Ethiopia, we are a team of 7 international and more than 10 national long-term experts. This means the junior expert is part of a great team and is embedded in well-established structures.
Starting date: 01.07.2019 or as agreed upon.
NIRAS IP Consult offers attractive working conditions and an open working atmosphere in an international field of activities.
For further information please contact: Mr. Harald Habermann +49(0)711/896905-12
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to receiving your job application by 21st June latest through sending an e-mail to email@example.com