Fair global trade everyone can believe in
FLOCERT is a leading global certification body, providing sole certification to Fairtrade and offering verification services for social, trade and environmental standards as well as private
codes of conduct.
Founded in 2003, FLOCERT remains mission-driven and dedicated to working with all types of organizations, from small producers to internationally recognized brands, in order to promote
fairness in global trade. Our accreditation as a “Social Enterprise” demonstrates our commitment to social business values.
With four international offices conducting business in over 120 countries, FLOCERT specializes in offering global reach with local expertise. For more information, visit us at www.flocert.net
FLOCERT is looking for an
Development Manager (R&D unit/BITS) (m/f)
- Job Share: Full-time (38,5 hrs. p.w.)
- Position is based in the FLOCERT GmbH Office in Bonn, Germany
- The salary and benefit package depends upon qualifications and experience
- Start date: 1st September 2018 (or as soon as possible)
FLOCERTs R&D unit explores and develops solutions to innovate FLOCERTs product portfolio. As R&D development manager you will address upcoming business needs formulated by internal and external customers. This includes the improvement of existing and new development for business solutions.
Beside a high expertise on project management skills and technical IT affinity, the role requires willingness for coordinating cross departmental collaboration and strong communication skills.
- Coordinating the development of standard modules to support FLOCERTs service portfolio
- Oversee the development of new service customizations for customers projects
- Oversee the handover of completed projects and align with our delivery units (Service customizations, modules or improvements)
- Support the research of new services, modules, methodologies and approaches to development
- Support the Head of Research & Development unit (R&D Manager) on roadmaps, strategies
- Manage the service design, development and implementation of new opportunities, and customer requests
- Manage the development and implementation of FLOCERTs Information Services in close collaboration with the Data Management Unit
- Support Account development department on pre-sales and post-sales activities
- Support the improvement of FLOCERT’s customer and stakeholder communications
- Co-ordinate a development team and ongoing developments
- Manage handovers of services and service modules, internally with other FLOCERT departments and Fairtrade stakeholders
- Manage relations, externally with customers and suppliers
- Set up and control yearly projects/development budget
- Any professional office, business, commercial, IT related education (e.g. office-, trade-, merchant apprenticeship IHK) or equivalent (university) education (e.g. B.A.) in a relevant subject
- Minimum of 5 years of related working experience
- Background in Assurance/Project management/Service management and/or development
- Excellent Business English written and spoken
- Professional experience in product development and/or service management
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present technical matters in a comprehensible way also to non-technical customers and colleagues
- People management skills
- Proven skills in customer orientation and service delivery
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Problem solving attitude
“Nice to have”
- Knowledge of Fairtrade or other sustainability standards / best practices
- Technical knowledge of international trade or supply chain of agricultural products
- Very good knowledge of MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Working experience in process analysis, optimization and/or harmonization
- Knowledge of CSR and sustainability topics
- Fluent in Spanish oral and written
How to apply
Do visit our website: https://www.flocert.net/about-flocert/careers/
Please apply by submitting your application documents in English, with curriculum vitae and motivation letter as well as reference letters or reference contact.
Please do kindly note that only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.