Civil Peace Service Advisor (m/f/d) for the Southeast Asian University Partnership at the Universidade da Paz
App. w. professional exp. - TemporaryJob description
The Civil Peace Service (CPS) is a global program working on the prevention of violence and peacebuilding in crisis and conflict regions. The CPS regional program Southeast Asian University Partnership for Peacebuilding and Conflict Transformation (SAUP) supports three universities in Philippines, Timor Leste and Cambodia developing curricula for peace and conflict studies. The aim of the program is to provide university partners with technical and human resource support. The CPS program SAUP cooperates with the Center of Conflict Research of Philipps University in Marburg and is linked to the GIZ country offices. The CPS advisor is placed in the Universidade da Paz. The work is coordinated with the recommendations of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission monitored by Centro Nacional Chega where a second advisory position is located.
- Advisory and orientation of personnel of the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities in the curriculum development in peace and conflict studies at both the Bachelor’s and Master’s level
- Supporting the integration of a peace lens to current curricula for example in law, international relations, public administration, development - offered by the faculty
- Strengthening capacities in research methodology and integrating aspects of peace research into curriculum
- Supporting the integration of student-centered learning in the faculty through creative approaches
- Assisting the Universidade da Paz in the establishment of a network with civil society and in cooperation with other university partners of SAUP
- Supporting the interface between academia and strategic partners in local, regional and international networks
- Identifying and contextualizing best practices and lessons learned in the field of peace and conflict studies and/or higher education for dissemination in the regional and international network
- Coordination or activities with Centro Nacional Chega, supported by a CPS advior, to integrate local practices in the field of dealing with the past/ transitional justice
- Masters in Peace and Conflict Studies, Human Rights, Education or any other relevant field
- Knowledge and experience in curricula development for formal education in conflict transformation and peacebuilding
- Experience in providing trainings and workshops on pedagogy, research methods, academic writing and other relevant fields to higher education
- Work experience with academic structures, institutions and actors through teaching, research and/or cooperation
- Experience in practical peace work in post-conflict/conflict setting, preferably in Southeast Asia
- Regional knowledge and high intercultural and communication competence, respect, empathy and experience in working in a resource limited/dormant environment
- Flexibility, creativity and the ability to adapt to a very dynamic working environment with a high level of resilience
- Excellent English language skills and strong necessity to learn Tetum; Knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia or Portuguese is an advantage
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Timor Leste.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Willingness to travel to Southeast Asia on business trips; driving license is required.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=49573