Development Worker (m/f/d) to support Apprenticeships
App. w. professional exp. - TemporaryJob description
Providing better employment and development opportunities through an improved and expanded TVET system. Namibia’s technical and vocational education and training (TVET) sector remains supply driven and industry’s demand for higher-quality vocational education and training is not adequately addressed. Namibian TVET institutions have limited capacity to respond meaningfully to labour-market needs. Improving the TVET system is one of Namibia’s core development strategies to reduce youth unemployment. Improving the TVET system is explicitly referred to in the country’s development goals. The revised TVET policy from March 2021 emphasises that quality improvement and a substantial expansion of the TVET system can only be achieved through a joint endeavour by the state, civil society actors and private sector.Your tasks
- Support to the development of a regulatory framework for quality apprenticeships
- Promotion of quality apprenticeships; facilitate effective public-private partnerships within the national regulatory framework
- Strengthening the capacity of government agencies, employers, workers' organisations, and educational and training institutions to participate in quality apprenticeships
- Strengthening training capacity of host enterprises
- Facilitate building networks of training centres that enter in-company mentor training
- Enhance international, regional, and national cooperations for quality apprenticeships with focus on qualification within the renewable energy sector
- Advanced University Degree or professional qualification related to TVET, education or similar fields
- Proven knowledge and experience in the TVET sector, deep understanding of renewable energies as well as familiarity with e-learning systems
- Experienced in stakeholder engagement, working with public and private sector companies, chambers, and associations
- Expertise and experience in in-company mentor training or training of trainer approaches and good knowledge of the structures and mechanisms of dual apprenticeships
- Strong teamwork and networking skills, coordination, communication, presentation and facilitation skills and a high degree of self-organisation and adaptability
- Sensitivity towards, or experience with approaches to gender equality, equity, and inclusion
- Business-fluent in English
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Namibia.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. Please note that the general and personal living conditions in the country of assignment may meet with different legal and social acceptance. We gladly support you with our many years of experience.
Further information on country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en.
At the site of operation, the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Willingness to travel on a regular basis is required.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment - please contact us at: email@example.com
Please observe the provisions of the country-specific vaccination regulations for entry and work in the country of assignment - in particular also regarding COVID-19.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=69483