For more than 70 years, Dorsch Gruppe has been a respected, innovative consulting and engineering partner for industrial customers, private investors, and public institutions. As a group of companies with over 3,400 employees, we are one of the largest independent planning and consulting groups in Germany, with several international subsidiaries and project offices on all continents. Every year, we carry out over 2,000 projects in more than 50 countries. As part of our global operations, we rely on the creativity, expertise and commitment of our employees to drive our business forward.
Dorsch International Consultants is implementing projects financed by International Financing Institutions including KFW, GIZ, the World Bank, EBRD, EIB, the UN and others. Our work comprises a large variety of sectors such as water & wastewater, energy, social infrastructure, climate, and urban sustainability. We are providing engineering and advisory services along the entire project lifecycle, ranging from studies and investment planning, through design and implementation as well as capacity building and operation and maintenance support.
In the framework of our corporate succession planning, we are looking for a new Head of Water Supply Department with profound experience in international project implementation, business development and intercultural team management.
Type of contract: Unlimited, full-time employment with the Company’s HQ in Germany
Place of work: Germany / Jordan
- You are taking responsibility for the performance of the Water Supply Department in a decentralized organisational set-up
- Together with your experienced team, you manage our ongoing complex international water sector projects
- You develop our future water supply business with particular emphasis on the Water-Energy NEXUS
- You ensure technical quality assurance related to projects allocated to the Water Supply Department
- You manage the Water Supply Department team as well as the overall resources of wider network of experts in close collaboration with other technical Departments and supporting functions
Your Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or equivalent and 15 or more years of professional experience in international water sector projects, with experience in projects funded by International Financing Institutions.
- Sound technical experience in the entire project cycle, throughout studies, design, tendering and implementation as well as in construction supervision according to FIDIC.
- Profound experience in leading a multidisciplinary and virtual team with projects worldwide as well as strong team spirit and proven intercultural communication skills
- High level of self-responsible working skills, motivation, assertiveness, and proven decision-making ability
- Willingness to travel as per international project requirements, including mid-term stays, if needed
- Professional English language skills; Very good skills for minimum one other language (preferably French alternatively German) would be an asset
- Project-related experience in the MENA region and/or African countries would be an asset
- We offer an exciting scope of action in a leading position and within an interdisciplinary and intercultural working environment
- We are a highly dedicated team, being motivated through our contribution to better livelihood of people in around 40 countries
- Unlimited employment contract with the Company’s HQ in Germany
- Working for a growing international engineering company
- A global group with global career development opportunities
- Flexible working hours with the possibility for mobile working arrangements
- Training and skill development
- Your own areas of responsibility and the freedom to develop your own ideas
- After-work events, corporate benefits
- Company-wide sustainability concepts
If you are interested:
Please send us your most recent English CV, copies of your diploma, your salary expectations and details on your availability to:
Attention: Ms. Uschi Quick, Recruiting und Business Development Manager