We make the world a little better...
as a leading European consulting company working in international development cooperation.
Since 1982, we have implemented numerous projects and studies in over 130 countries, focusing on topics of global importance. We are dedicated to improving people’s lives around the world and providing technical advisory services to state and non-state actors.
We promote sustainability in our international projects as well as at our headquarters in Hamburg and our branch office in Berlin because we contribute to achieving the world’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Our multinational and multicultural team of professionals is at the heart of our success. If you are passionate about international cooperation and enjoy working in an international environment with space for you to contribute your ideas for a better world,
join the GFA team as:
Digital Learning Consultant (m/f/d) in our ESE Department (Hamburg, Berlin)
In our business area Education, Skills Development and Employment (ESE) we focus on consultancy services related to General Education, Vocational Education and Training, Youth Employment, Labour Market Reform, digital education strategies as well as digital learning methods including development of e-learning courses.
As a Digital Learning Consultant you will take over the following responsibilities:
- Management of ongoing projects and studies (backstopping) on site and Hamburg/Berlin-based (financial and technical administration, monitoring and evaluation of projects and studies) specifically projects with a digital learning focus
- Acquisition of new projects, elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals including projects with digital learning components
- Networking with donor agencies, beneficiaries, partner companies or institutions, subcontractors and experts with regards to digital learning
- Conducting fact-finding and technical short-term consultancy missions
- Elaboration of reports, concepts and presentations and contribution to knowledge and quality management
- Representing GFA in conferences and seminars focusing on the topic of digital learning
- Active contribution to the further development of the thematic area of digital learning
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals
- University degree (MA) in a field related to vocational education and training, pedagogy, psychology, economics or social sciences
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in one or more of the above mentioned fields including substantial experience with managing digital learning projects, setting up digital learning strategies and/or developing e-learning courses with corresponding learning management systems
- Familiarity with the German (GIZ, KfW) and European development sector (e.g. EuropeAid, EIB, EBRD); a profound understanding of the strategies and policies of the relevant donor agencies will be an asset
- Working experience in/with developing countries and/or threshold countries
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English and working knowledge of German is a prerequisite. Proficiency in a third language (French/Spanish) will be a strong asset.
- Willingness to travel abroad and to remote areas
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism
- Ability to work in intercultural teams
We work at the heart of International Cooperation; finding solutions to global challenges through our projects and diverse team of employees from all over the world. In this context, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model, the possibility to work from home, and our family-orientated company policy facilitate a healthy work-life balance. GFA’s offices are surrounded by nature, despite being easily and quickly accessible from central Hamburg. To promote climate-friendly commuting, we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to provide opportunities for exchange.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV, copies of diplomas and work certificates or references) by e-mail to:
Ms Ursula von den Driesch
Deadline: 14th April 2023 (early applications are very welcome!)
It is envisaged that the initial contract duration of 2 years leads to permanent employment.