Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is a private and independent international medical aid organisation. Diversity, open mindedness and mutual respect are of particular importance in our organisation. MSF provides medical aid in more than 70 countries worldwide. The headquarters of the German section of MSF - Ärzte ohne Grenzen e.V. is in Berlin. In the headquarters, over 250 employees work in the fundraising, communications and engagement, finance and administration, human resources and project departments.
Senior Advisor Process & Information Management (f/m/d)
Working on process management and information/ knowledge management across the whole organisation, this new position is part of our Strategic Plan and will directly support MSF-G in achieving its strategic goal to become more effective and efficient in those areas. In this high-profile role you will be working across all departments and teams helping us identify and map key processes, improve process management standards, create a framework for information & knowledge management and implement all with maximum, long-lasting impact. The position holder will report directly to the Head of Department Finance & Administration, who is the SP goal sponsor.
In your role you will
- Following on from previous work done, identify and map key processes for MSF-G using BPMN 2.0 in form of a process landscape, thereby increasing process management maturity at MSF-G (key processes and process management standards).
- Facilitate and coordinate process mapping with individual departments and teams relating to key processes. Ensure long-term knowledge build up in the teams and adress support needs (documentation, internal training, internal communication) to ensure acceptance and continuation of process mapping beyond the initial SP timeframe.
- Be our in-house expert and vocal point on process mapping, working closely with already existing process management positions and relevant projects. Facilitate transparency and mutual understanding through easy access to documentation and exchange between practitioners and projects in MSF-G.
- Assess maturity of information & knowledge management at MSF-G and create a knowledge management framework incl. guidance for internal communications and standard best-practise. Improve information and knowledge management practices and policies, provide an environment conducive to individual and institutional learning.
- Evaluate current information processes relating to user experience, focussing first on existing tools, practices and platforms (for example SharePoint). Develop ideas of short and long-term improvements and a concrete action plan to achieve those.
- Work closely with relevant teams and internal experts, departments and the wider movement (OCA) to get feedback, buy-in/ alignment and find practicable and for MSF-G beneficial solutions and approaches.
- Advise Stratigic Plan sponsor and wider Management Team (where applicable) on best practice and standards, proposing workable solutions and concrete action plans, influencing decision making around these important topics.
- Relevant professional qualification and 5+ years of professional experience as a leader in process management, complex project or program management, change management processes
- Experience with modelling business processes, performing internal audits, or actively improving internal processes and systems
- Expert user of supporting software and tools, ideally BPMN 2.0 and SharePoint (or willingness to learn), and high IT-affinity
- Identical or closely related practical work experience in setting up new and/ or improving organisation-wide processes with long-lasting impact, in a similar organisational setting
- Experience in information/ knowledge management and/or internal communications
- Teamplayer with strong results and quality orientation to achieve defined objectives and implement efficient solutions within a set timeframe, with the given resources
- Great allrounder: outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to work conceptually and see the bigger picture but also very detailed, hands-on when it comes to documentation and planning/ organising own work
- Excellent English skills and very good German
- Payment according to a transparent internal salary structure; in this position according to group 5 with full-time employment (40h/week) from 4.019 Euro to a maximum of 5.085 Euro, depending on the relevant professional experience
- 13th salary, regular salary increases within the salary structure and annual inflation adjustment
- Company pension plan after 24 months of seniority
- Subsidy for job ticket
- Subsidy for a sports membership at Urban Sports Club
- Financial allowance for remote work and company laptop with additional accessories for mobile working
- 30 days holidays plus days off on 12/24 and 12/31
- Flexible working hours, remote work incl. possibilities to work up to 6 weeks per year from abroad within the EU
- Wide range of internal training opportunities and annual external trainings budget
- Insights on international field projects through regular reports, presentations and exchange with colleagues
- Opportunity to exchange ideas in our inspiring MSF Germany specific and international network and to help shape the future of the organization
- A meaningful, varied job in a respectful and positive organizational culture where empowerment and team decision-making are valued
As an internationally operating organisation, we welcome diversity, open mindedness and mutual respect. In accordance with our values, we only analyze the professional qualifications in the applications, regardless of ethnical and social origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation or age of the applicant.