Development Advisor (m/f/d) for improvement of organizational capacities and services of the Ethiopian Chamber
Bewerber mit Berufserfg. - BefristetTätigkeitsbereich
The technical cooperation project “Private Sector Development in Ethiopia” (PSD-E) aims to improve the growth opportunities of small and medium-sized enterprises, start-ups and small growth-oriented businesses. Output 2 of the project focuses on strengthening the capacities of chambers and associations (or: business membership organizations, BMOs), in particular by improving the sustainability and efficiency of organisational structures as well as the range of services offered to the Ethiopian private sector. The project also strengthens the capacities of these actors to effectively fulfil their role of representing the interests of the private sector vis-à-vis public institutions. They are also supported in participating in the public-private dialogue. The partner organization for this placement is the Ethiopian Chamber of Commerce & Sectoral Associations (ECCSA), which acts as an umbrella organization for various BMOs in the Ethiopian private sector, including regional chambers of commerce and sectoral associations which are also beneficiaries of the project.Ihre Aufgaben
- Improvement of internal structures and management processes (e.g., business model development, financial sustainability, professionalization of BMO management) and moderation of change management processes at selected BMOs
- Improving existing and developing new demand-driven business services that generate revenue to ensure financial sustainability
- Improving advocacy capacities for a more efficient role in public-private dialogue / advocacy
- Design membership development activity plan and implement
- MA. in Business Administration/Economics, Political Science, or comparable
- Professional experience in the field of private sector development with a focus on chamber and association formation, development and consulting including the development of viable business models and services
- Professional experience in the field of public-private dialogue
- Professional experience in change management, support of the chamber and association ecosystem institutional transformation, digital transformation of companies and/or organizations (e.g., digitization of services and processes)
- Ability to engage with various stakeholders, especially the private sector and public institutions
- Good organisational and project management skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English
- Good IT skills (MS Office, etc.)
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Ethiopia.
The security situation is tense. Special precautionary measures apply to GIZ employees on site. GIZ's specifications for security measures must be followed at all times. Please also inform yourself about country-specific information from the Federal Foreign Office. GIZ is on site with professional security risk management. Freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not place any restrictions on family members traveling with you. If necessary, we ask you to find out which types of relationships are legally and socially acceptable in the country of assignment.
Further information on country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Willingness to travel on a regular basis is required.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment - please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please observe the provisions of the country-specific vaccination regulations for entry and work in the country of assignment - in particular also regarding COVID-19.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=62756