Looking for a new colleague in Hamburg or Berlin, Germany
We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world by promoting sustainable development to achieve the SDGs and leveraging opportunities for digital innovation. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our clients are GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and many others. Since 1982, we have implemented projects in more than 130 countries and have continuously expanded our service offerings, which currently include ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
In our business area Education, Skills Development and Employment (ESE) we focus on consultancy services related to, Vocational Education and Training (TVET), Skills Development and Youth Employment as well as Labour Market Reform.
Join the West Africa team based in our ESE Department in Hamburg or Berlin, Germany, as an open-minded and versatile Consultant/ Project Manager (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
Your tasks will be:
- Acquisition of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals for GIZ, KfW, EU, SDC and other donors
- Management of ongoing projects (Hamburg-based backstopping) in West Africa, i.e. financial and technical administration, including monitoring and expert management, with regular travels to the projects on-site
- Networking with donor agencies, beneficiaries, partner companies or institutions, subcontractors and experts
- Conducting fact-finding and technical short-term consultancy missions
- Elaboration of reports, concepts and presentations and contribution to knowledge and quality management
- Active contribution to the further development of the thematic fields of the ESE department
- Representing GFA in conferences and seminars
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals
- A university degree (Postgraduate Certificate / Master) in education management, economics, social sciences or related field;
- Work experience in Vocational Education and Training, Skills Development, or Employment Promotion;
- 3-5 years relevant international work experience in development cooperation in international organisations or private sector consultancies, at least one year experience in working in a developing country context;
- First experience with digital learning methods, e-learning platforms or ICT applications for education as a strong asset
- Working proficiency in English and French, fluency in German, which will be a strong asset;
- Strong qualities as a team player with an independent mind and a high level of intercultural skills.
What we offer:
We work at the heart of International Cooperation; finding solutions to global challenges through our projects and diverse team of employees from all over the world. In this context, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model, the possibility to work from home, and our family-orientated company policy facilitate a healthy work-life balance.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events and provide many opportunities for exchange in a growing international and diverse company.
Please note that a successful candidate must have a permission to work in the EU/Germany.
Starting date: 01.10.22 or later – preferably as full-time employee. It is envisaged that the initial contract duration of 2 years leads to permanent employment.
Location: Hamburg or Berlin; with the option of a remote working arrangement after 3-6 months onboarding.
Thank you for your interest.
We look forward to receiving your application until 21 August 2022 including cover letter, CV, copies of diplomas and references/certificates. Please send it by email to:
Ursula von den Driesch