Project Status: Prequalification
Project Title: Improved Service Delivery for Citizens in Cambodia (ISD)
Project Period: 07/2022 – 12/2025 (42 months)
Duration of Assignment: 36 expert months
Duty Station: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
The overall objective of this project is that districts and municipalities in the selected partner provinces use strategies and improved processes for service delivery in priority sectors. The module supports the further development of Cambodia's decentralization reform at national level and its implementation in the provinces in the water and waste management sectors, further development of One-Window-Service-Offices (OWSOs) and ombuds-offices. A multi-stakeholder approach ensures the involvement of technical and management staff from sub-national administrations, of elected councilors and of representatives of civil society and the private sector. The project aims to support the digitalization of administrative services offered by OWSO and to create mobile OWSOs for services of particular relevance to disadvantaged groups. It also aims to develop climate-sensitive water and waste management strategies in a participatory manner in three partner provinces, strengthening citizens’ access to decision-making processes at the level of districts and municipalities.
The proposed Team Leader in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, will provide technical and organizational advice to the project and its partners on the improvement of service delivery in Cambodia with a specific focus on the project’s target provinces. The Team Leader will support and coordinate activities with technical staff regarding advice on policy and decentralization reforms. Furthermore, the Team Leader will contribute to design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacity development measures in administrative service delivery and water management for local partners. She/he will remain in close contact with key partners such as line ministries, training institutes, civil society organizations and other relevant stakeholder. She/he will also be responsible for staff management, identifying the need for short-term assignments, managing the assignments and supporting local and international experts. The Team Leader will be responsible for the use of funds and the financial planning in consultation with GIZ. She/he will provide support to GIZ officer in updating and/or adapting the project strategy, evaluations, and in preparing a follow-on phase. The Team Leader ensures that interventions take into account cross-cutting issues such as demands of vulnerable groups, gender, sustainability and digitalization.
- Education/training: University degree (master’s or equivalent) in public administration, political science, water management or similar relevant field;
- Languages: Knowledge of English, C1 (oral & written fluency) in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- General professional experience: 10 years of professional experience in the decentralisation/public administration reform sector, of which 3 years outside of South-East- Asia (international context)
- Specific professional experience: 6 years of professional experience in capacity development for state actors including decision-makers in the field of water management
- Leadership/management experience: 5 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company including proven experience in managing multinational and remote teams
- Regional experience: 3 years of work experience in South-East Asia
- Development cooperation (DC) experience: 6 years of experience working in DC projects
GFA Consulting Group GmbH has formed a consortium with a local partner organisation.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
In case of interest we will be happy to receive your CV and your fee expectations.