Civil Peace Service (CPS) Advisor (m/f/d) for youth empowerment and creative methods of conflict transformation
App. w. professional exp. - TemporaryJob description
The Civil Peace Service (CPS) is a global programme to prevent violence and promote peace in crisis and conflict regions. CPS experts support local partners in their long-term commitment to dialogue, human rights and peace. In Jordan the CPS of GIZ aims to strengthen the ability of civil society actors to engage in dialogue and to promote non-violent conflict transformation, especially among young people. The overall goal is to contribute to social cohesion and to enable people - especially refugees and vulnerable groups in host communities, as well as women and young people - to shape their own prospects. The partner organisation, Al Qantara, is committed to the empowerment of young people supporting them to participate in socio-political and economic life. CPS supports Al Qantara to build up sustainable capacity among the organisation’s staff and volunteers to develop and conduct youth empowerment activities and trainings for young people to enhance dialogue and peaceful conflict transformation.Your tasks
- Work with Al Qantara in Ma’an aiming to build up sustainable capacity in the area of youth work and conflict transformation among Al Qantara’s staff and volunteers
- Support the overall planning and development process of Al Qantara’s youth spaces, including advising on sustainability strategies and youth led activities
- Support the designing, planning and implementation of activities in the areas of sports and/or creative methods for conflict transformation, e.g. theatre which aim to foster youth empowerment, social cohesion and dialogue practice
- Design and conduct capacity-building trainings and workshops on conflict transformation and youth empowerment for Al Qantara’s staff and volunteers, with a view to long-term sustainability
- Support in the creation of manuals on the design and implementation of conflict transformation and youth empowerment activities by adapting content and methods to the local context, using a conflict-sensitive lens and ensuring participatory and culturally sensitive approaches
- Support in writing project proposals and reports, including those for GIZ/CPS and other partners of Al Qantara
- Continuously support Al Qantara’s staff, volunteers, management and youth to ensure the engagement of all stakeholders
- Engage in knowledge exchange with the CPS programme coordinator and other CPS advisors and regularly report on achievements, challenges, lessons learnt and best practices
- University degree or equivalent in social work, pedagogy, psychology, peace and conflict studies or other relevant fields
- Demonstrated experience as a youth worker or community development worker, preferably in the region Middle East & North Africa
- Demonstrated experience in sports and/or creative methods for conflict transformation and youth empowerment
- Demonstrated experience in designing and conducting capacity-building workshops and trainings
- Knowledge of the concept of “safe space”, competence in inclusive collaboration and in fostering ownership and sustainability processes
- High degree of intercultural competences and conflict-sensitivity, strong sense of integrity and sensitivity towards the needs of vulnerable groups
- High motivation and willingness to work at grassroots level in a remote area and to adapt to a challenging context and changing environment
- Fluent in English and good knowledge of Arabic
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Jordan.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Further information on country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Driving licence is required.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment - please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please observe the provisions of the country-specific vaccination regulations for entry and work in the country of assignment - in particular also regarding COVID-19.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=61370