Development worker (m/f/d) for the implementation of forest-related nationally determined contributions at the regional level
App. w. professional exp. - TemporaryJob description
The objective of the project “Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC) Peru” is that the Ministry of Environment coordinates efficiently and closely with public and private actors in the implementation of initiatives of mitigation and adaptation to achieve the goals of the NDC. The first component of the project aims to provide instruments to improve enabling conditions for implementing the NDC measures of sectoral ministries and regional governments in cooperation with the private sector. The Technical Committee on Forests and Climate Change has the responsibility to identify actions to improve the enabling conditions linked to adaptation and mitigation measures of the forestry sector.Your tasks
- Support the regional government in the development of management instruments that integrate the climate change approach into public forest-related interventions
- Support in the articulation of the different levels of government in the development of actions for adaptation on forestry and mitigation measures
- Support capacity development of relevant actors to improve the enabling conditions for adaptation and mitigation measures
- Technical assistance to communities and organisations within the region in activities associated with processes related to adaptive capacity or reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Support in the planning of technical or strategic documents and systematisation of good practices of interventions linked to climate change that involve actors from the national, regional, civil society, cooperation and producers of the territory
- Several years of professional experience in the forest sector, prefaribly gaines abroad
- High degree of understanding of analysis of complex political and social contexts within a framework of managing adaptation and mitigation forest-related measures
- Knowledge and experience in planning and implementing interventions related to the forestry sector
- Ability to organise, conduct and systematise work meetings
- Adaptability to different academic levels and ability to work under pressure, oriented to the achievement of results
- Very good Spanish and German skills
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in more than 130 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Peru.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment - please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=59214