Advisor (m/f/d) for Nutrition, Micronutrients - Capacity for Nutrition
App. w. professional exp. - TemporaryJob description
‘Capacity for Nutrition (C4N)-Advisory’ is one of three action areas of the ‘Knowledge for Nutrition (K4N) programme. K4N aims to support the European Commission (EC), its partners as well as the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) with competence and knowledge to inform nutrition-related programmes and policies through evidence-based approaches and strategies. Being a joint action of BMZ and the EC, C4N-Advisory aims to strengthen capacities to enhance the knowledge base of the EC, EU Delegations, EU Member States, and partner countries to advance the combat against all forms of malnutrition. The two K4N components, C4N Advisory and the C4N-National Information Platform for Nutrition component support the EU to advance the implementation of the EU ‘Action Plan for Nutrition’.Your tasks
- Provide advice and strategically develop the micronutrient-deficiency theme and link it to nutrition governance through EU Delegations, national governments and/or other identified stakeholders and to the EC Department for International Partnerships
- Serve as a back-stopper for experts working on C4N micronutrient and other nutrition assignments and ensure that activities are carried out according to the approved workplan and budget
- Support the provision of C4N nutrition advisory and technical assistance
- Support EC engagement in global events and collaborative relations, particularly with focus on micronutrients
- Facilitate knowledge exchange on global and regional governance issues, particularly related to micronutrients
- Contribute to the monitoring, evaluation, and knowledge management system of K4N/C4N with focus on micronutrient themes
- Other responsibilities as requested
- University degree in nutrition, public health, food security, food science or development studies or relevant discipline
- Several years of experience, preferably gained abroad, working on micronutrient initiatives in low- and middle-income countries, including nutrition governance strategies to address micronutrient deficiencies (regulations & standards; (bio-) fortification; supplementation)
- Several years of experience in working with government, international organisations, the private sector and/or other stakeholders on micronutrient initiatives with private sector experience being a strong asset
- Excellent grasp of the linkages between micronutrient initiatives and multi-sectoral nutrition in external assistance as well as in the international nutrition landscape
- Team orientation, flexibility within a rapidly changing environment, high degree of intrinsic motivation and self-efficacy to achieve results and the ability to deliver goal-oriented results on time
- Experience in establishing good working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at global and national levels
- Business fluent in English and French
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in more than 130 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
The willingness for frequent business trips is required.
We are happy to help accompanying partners discuss questions about benefits, residence permits and how to find your own job locally - feel free to get in touch with us during your application phase at email@example.com.
Please observe the provisions of the country-specific vaccination regulations for entry and work in the country of assignment - in particular also regarding COVID-19.
The willingness to work reciprocally abroad and in Germany is required.
Please understand, that we can only accept and process applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=59346