Country Director, Niger
The Country Director (CD) directly reports to the Area Director (AD).
- To implement RET’s strategy and programme with the local implementing partner in a timely, effective and efficient manner;
- To monitor programme progress and quality, and ensure adherence to organisational and internationally recognised standards of humanitarian and development programme implementation.
- To ensure the monitoring and evaluation of the programme including the identification of challenges, needs and gaps; supervising the M&E manager and ensuring quality assurance of all programmatic data that is being reported to RET HQ and the donor;
- To ensure the coherence and effective coordination of the programme; coordinating, harmonising and linking the work of the implementing partner with other development actors in the area.
- To produce high-quality narrative and financial donor reports in coordination with the local partner organization, the local administration and program team, and the Area Director;
- To represent the RET to donors and development actors (UN, NGOs, government) in Niger; to liaise with these actors and align RET’s strategy in Niger with the national and international humanitarian and development strategies;
- To write project proposals (narrative and financial) to secure additional funding for programs based on needs and priorities identified in the field;
- To be responsible for recruitment, performance management and staff development. This will include ensuring that all staff members have performance objectives and are managed according to performance;
- To coordinate activities of the administration and finance staff with the activities of the program staff / field staff, to ensure program implementation and administrative procedures are harmonized;
- To ensure strict adherence to effective and transparent use of financial resources in line with internal RET and donor policies and procedures;
- To monitor budget expenditures and disbursements, and review financial data before submission to HQ in Berlin, as well as provide quarterly projected expenditures;
- To gather and disseminate security information and implement appropriate security responses to crises, in collaboration with the established security systems;
- To perform other duties as assigned by the AD.
- To prepare a monthly SitRep and ensure the effective flow of information between operations in Niger and RET headquarters’ offices in Berlin;
- To enhance the visibility of the organisation;
- To organise field visits of RET Senior Management, donor visits, and occasional other visitors.
To apply please visit:
Due to the urgency to fill this post, RET reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged. RET is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.