MARGE is a highly regarded consulting and project management firm promoting sustainable energy access in developing countries. Since being founded in 1995 we have worked on 250 projects in 45 countries. We develop, implement, and assess projects on renewable energy, household energy and energy efficiency. We are an employee-owned company of 7 core team members and a wide network of external consultants. Our core team is based in France, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia and the UK, and our wider network extends globally, with a strong focus on Sub-Saharan Africa. We hope to continue our organic growth over the past few years while prioritizing the quality of our work and our team.
More information on www.marge.eu
What we are looking for
We are looking for experts in our field with 8+ years’ experience, interested in joining us as a partner and prospective future shareholder. The hope is that if our collaboration goes well, the expert will eventually become a central and equal partner in our company, contributing to both technical work, project management, company management and strategic direction.
Generally, senior partners’ earnings are linked to client billings, and we would expect new partners to eventually work under the same formula. However, we would be willing to offer a mixture of a fixed and variable salary during an interim period of 1 year if this is desired.
As a member of the senior Marge team, the expert would be engaged in tasks ranging from the technical implementation of projects to strategic company management:
- Implementation of renewable energy assignments for development agencies governments and companies working in developing countries
- Acquisition of new projects through networking, formal bids, and direct awards
- Contribution to the management of the company through participation in meetings, key decisions and management tasks
- Contribution to company growth in areas of strategic interest to the expert and the company
In MARGE we aim to be inclusive and support the needs of our employees and partners. To this end we support remote work and part-time work to allow for personal obligations and interests. We also welcome partners and employees from diverse backgrounds as we believe that this enhances to the quality of our work.
The candidate should:
- Hold a Master (or equivalent) in project management, business administration, economics, finance, engineering, or a related field
- Have at least 8 years of professional experience with projects on sustainable energy access in developing countries
- Be able to work in English and French
- Be proactive in looking for opportunities, bid for and manage projects autonomously
- Be able to work independently and with initiative on complex projects
- Be communicative and transparent and embrace a non-hierarchical company culture
- Have experience in managing small, culturally diverse teams with a significant proportion of remote-work
- Be comfortable and familiar with remote tools for virtual communication, and remote-work in general.
- Be open to travel regularly for short trips (usually 1-2 weeks every 2-3 months) to developing countries
- Be a team player, ready to provide support where needed
- Have good communication skills
This is an open-ended position. We envisage an initial trial period of 6 months, after which our working relationship should be reviewed with a view to establishing a mutually acceptable long-term career plan. Start as soon as possible, negotiable.
We allow our senior experts to select their own home bases. Our team is currently based in Toulouse, Paris, Addis Abeba, Ouagadougou, and Brighton. The assignments themselves will require frequent travel to developing countries, mostly Sub-Saharan Africa.
Contact and application deadline
If interested, please send your CV and cover letter to MARGE administrative manager email@example.com by January 1, 2022, with subject “Mid_Senior_Expert _Last name_First Name”