Advisor (m/f/d) for sustainable investment mobilization in industrial parks in Ethiopia (focus: textile sector)
App. w. professional exp. - TemporaryJob description
The project, funded by the United Kingdom and the German Government, has the objective to improve the performance of Ethiopian Industrial Parks to create decent jobs and promote sustainable growth in Ethiopia’s manufacturing sector, with a focus on the textile and garment sector. The project will contribute to closing the gap between results and aspirations of the parks by tackling issues such as: improving park operations; improved satisfaction of workers with services; mobilisation of investments; creation of decent jobs; environmental and social regulatory framework and their enforcement; as well as business linkages into the wider textile and garment sector. To improve the growth and social as well as environmental sustainability performance of the Industrial Parks, investments in ecological, economical and social infrastructure are needed.Your tasks
- Development of Business Models aimed at increasing and diversifying revenues for Industrial Parks (IPs)
- Development and submission of proposals for eco-friendly investments in and around IPs
- Mobilization of investments to improve livelihoods of factory workers in IPs
- Liaison with potential investors, factories and brands, IP management and other stakeholders
- Provision of knowledge and technical support to the overall implementation of the project, focusing on innovative financial support to the improvement of the workers living and working conditions and of the IP services
- Development of a clear and effective results monitoring system, in order to maintain the activities and their outcome aligned with the Project objectives
- Provision of an effective communication network between the project team based in Addis Ababa and in local Industrial parks and the funding partners and stakeholders
- Support in monitoring the Project components’ inputs, activities and outcomes, according to the overall project planning and management tool
- University degree in Economics, Business Administration or Finance
- Several years of relevant professional experience and expertise, preferably gained abroad, in international development cooperation as well as in the areas of innovative financial instruments, insurance schemes and funding systems and private funds mobilization for social and ecological development
- Several years of professional experience and relevant expertise in advising and cooperating with partner institutions, especially in mobilising private and public investments, incl. development of investment proposals and liaison with investors
- First professional experience and relevant expertise in project management, especially proven track record in project management and co-ordination of various stakeholders
- First professional experience and relevant expertise in the private sector, preferably in innovative and traditional funding systems, as well as relevant knowledge of industrialization policies and industrial parks
- Intercultural skills, communication skills, cooperation skills, specialist skills, advisory skills and digital literacy
- Genuineness, capacity to adapt as well as performance and target orientation
- Business fluent in English; additional language skills in German and Amharic are an advantage
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in more than 130 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Ethiopia.
The GIZ offers an additional benefits package for deployments in fragile security situations. You can find further information in the Guide to the Collective Agreement on Assignment Conditions in Fragile Contexts.
The security situation requires heightened vigilance. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Further information on country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
The willingness for frequent business trips is assumed.
We are happy to help accompanying partners discuss questions about benefits, residence permits and how to find your own job locally - feel free to get in touch with us during your application phase at email@example.com.
The willingness to work reciprocally abroad and in Germany is required.
Please understand, that we can only accept (and process) applications via our e-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=57664