Project Manager francophone (m/f/d) Statistics Department
As a leader in development consultancy, GOPA Worldwide Consultants implement projects in developing and transition economies on behalf of national and international development partners, national authorities, industry representatives and civil society organisations. We understand that behind each development project there is a human story. For this reason, our people-centred approach ensures that the projects we implement deliver the best possible outcome in terms of socially-inclusive growth and poverty reduction, and have a sustainable and measurable impact on people’s lives.
To strengthen our team in our Statistics department, we are looking for a
Project Manager francophone (m/f/d) to start as soon as possible, based at our headquarters in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt am Main) or working remotely.
Are you looking for an international working environment and enjoy working in a multicultural team with flat hierarchies? Do you have experience in development cooperation? Then we should get to know each other.
As Project Manager you will be responsible both for the acquisition of new projects and for the implementation and the financial backstopping of ongoing projects in the field of Statistics. Besides the work in our headquarters, you will travel abroad regularly for project set-ups and for backstopping missions and short-term expert assignments.
Your responsibilities & tasks:
- You take the lead in coordinating and managing project acquisition processes in francophone countries. This includes conducting early intelligence and fact-finding, forming consortia, drafting technical concepts and proposal methodologies, preparing project budgets, identifying suitable experts, and negotiating fees and project shares.
- You identify project opportunities and contribute to strategic business development in the department, particularly in French-speaking project countries.
- You establish professional partnerships with international funding agencies, project beneficiaries, partner institutions and individual experts.
- You coordinate and monitor the project activities in cooperation with the project team on site and the client.
- You do quality control of project reports, outputs and budgets, to ensure compliance with donor procedures.
What we offer:
- Team & culture: You will join dynamic, multi-cultural and multilingual team members who enjoy working together and who support each other.
- Responsibility: You join a company committed to being environmentally responsible wherever we operate.
- Development: Our annual career development and performance review process will help you to set clearly defined goals and objectives. As a new employee, you will be part of a mentorship system.
- Location: GOPA is located close to Bad Homburg´s railway station, enabling quick and easy access to Frankfurt’s cultural activities and events.
- Fringe benefits: GOPA offers an RMV job ticket and job-bike leasing, as well as subsidies for a fitness studio and day care for your children, to mention a few.
- Flexibility: We enable flexible work arrangements, including flexible working hours, mobile or telework.
- Post-graduate academic degree in the fields of economics, statistics, or similar
- Proficient French language skills, both verbal and written (mother tongue or equivalent). Fluent in business English (both written and spoken).
- Prior experience in managing development cooperation projects with multilateral or bilateral donors, and familiarity with donor procedures and requirements.
- Proven experience in drafting concept notes and technical methodologies, preparing project budgets, and participating in calls for tenders.
- Proven international experience, preferably gained through work experience in developing countries or economies in transition is an asset.
- Prior experience in financial management of projects and tracking project resources is an asset.
- Ability to use your communication skills to interact with multi-national teams, project beneficiaries and clients across different time zones.
- Ability to prioritise actions and tasks and meeting tight deadlines.
For information on GOPA Worldwide come visit us on our Homepage https://gopa.de/.
You´d like to know more abouth GOPA Group? Then have a look at https://www.gopa-group.org/.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application, including your possible commencement date and salary expectation.