AMBERO is an independent consulting and engineering company that has been providing qualified and customer-oriented services in international cooperation for more than 15 years. We are currently implementing 29 long-term projects worldwide on behalf of bilateral and multilateral donors and national institutions in partner countries in the fields of "Good Governance and Civil Society", "Climate, Environment and Biodiversity" and "Regional and Economic Development".
Further information about our company and our projects is available at www.ambero.de
Within the framework of a GIZ call for tenders in the Mekong Delta Climate Resilience Programme (MCRP) for “Strengthening Regional Coordination and Climate Resilience in the Mekong Delta” in Vietnam, AMBERO Consulting Gesellschaft mbH is looking for an international expert for the position:
International Team Leader and Expert in governance, integrated regional planning and institutional development (f/m/d, 306 days on an intermittent base)
The Mekong Delta is one of the regions most affected by the impacts of climate change. According to GIZ, the core problem is that the climate-resilient management of natural resources in the coastal areas of the Mekong Delta is not sufficiently effective to ensure sustainable development in this region. To face this situation the MCRP “facilitates regional coordination, the pertinent institutional and procedural frameworks and investment plans and/or investment decisions as well as the development and dissemination of technological solutions and innovations aimed at improving the climate-resilient management of water resources in urban and regional areas in the Mekong Delta” (ToR). The focus of this assignment is on institutional development priorities in national, regional, and provincial master planning closely linked with integrating urban and rural development in accordance with relevant regulations.
- Overall responsibility for the advisory packages of the contractor;
- Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the contractor’s services with other services delivered by the project at local and national level;
- Ensuring a comprehensive consultation process and methodology is carried out with partners including the existing national and provincial Working Groups;
- Ensuring the quality of the institutional strengthening of Working Groups and preparing the improved regulatory framework for involved institutions;
- Overall responsibility for strengthening the capacity of the Regional Coordination Council, and working groups;
- Design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacity development measures for national and provincial partners in the following areas, integrated and multi-sectoral planning, integrated urban and rural hubs, inter-provincial coordination mechanisms and provincial platforms;
- Design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of three feasibility studies for integrated urban and rural hubs linked to inter-provincial coordination mechanisms;
- Responsible for the cooperation with national and provincial partners to establish the policy and regulatory framework for integrated urban and rural hubs;
- Taking cross-cutting themes into consideration (for example, gender equality);
- Staff management, in particular identifying the need for short-term assignments within the available budget, planning and managing the assignments and supporting local and international experts;
- Ensuring that monitoring procedures are carried out;
- Regular reporting in accordance with deadlines and milestones.
- Education/training: University degree (master’s) in governance/integrated planning, institutional development, climate change or urban and rural development;
- Languages: Knowledge of English (C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), Vietnamese (C1);
- General professional experience: 15 years of professional experience in Vietnam includes governance, institutional and capacity development, climate change, urban and rural development or agricultural transformation;
- Specific professional experience: 8 years of professional experience in promotion of socio-economic planning and public investment or master planning in Vietnam;
- Leadership/management experience: 10 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company;
- Regional experience: additional work experience in South East Asia 4 years;
- Development cooperation (DC) experience: 10 years of experience working on DC projects;
- Other: Requirement 1: 2 years of experience on the policy framework for regional planning and coordination mechanisms in the Mekong Delta / Requirement 2: 2 years of experience on urban and rural development in Vietnam.
The job offer refers to an expected position in the above mentioned GIZ tender for Vietnam. The creation of the position is dependent on the award of the contract to AMBERO within the framework of the GIZ tender procedure.
If you are interested, please send us your CV, preferably as a Word file, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “International Team Leader (f/m/d) in Vietnam”.
Incoming applications will only be considered until the 20th August 2021.
Note: Submitted applications will be saved by AMBERO for three months. If you are generally interested in your CV being added to our expert database, please note this in your documents.
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us by email.