Fundraising Advisor (male/female/diverse)
forumZFD Western Balkans Programme, located in Belgrade, Serbia
Forum Ziviler Friedensdienst e.V. (forumZFD - Forum Civil Peace Service) supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence.
forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany, as well as eleven other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates civil peace policy.
forumZFD is recognised by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
forumZFD’s Western Balkans Programme encompasses work in Bosnia-Hercegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia and Serbia, with over 25 local and international staff based in four country offices and a regional office (in Belgrade). Our vision for the Western Balkans is a region where peace is built through the synergies of active, responsible citizens, institutions and societies working toward dealing with conflicts constructively and without the use of violence. Our work in the region focuses on two thematic areas for professional peace work in this field - Dealing with the Past and strengthening formal and non-formal peace education.
forumZFD is seeking a full-time Fundraising Advisor for its programme in the Western Balkans to be located in its Regional Office in Belgrade, Serbia.
- Advanced university degree with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in third party fundraising for NGOs in the field of conflict transformation, development cooperation abroad, or programs involving work with civil society or (civil society) associations and NGOs
- Proven understanding of the political and social environments within the region, experience in living and working in South Eastern Europe is desirable
- Knowledge of technical requirements and thematic areas of various international donors
- Familiarity with aligning internal financial systems to meet third party donor financial requirements
- Proven capacity for strategic and conceptual thinking, strong non-violent communication, including intercultural sensitivity
- Distinct ability to work in a team, to meet deadlines despite time constraints, and to work with colleagues and teams working virtually in various locations
- Excellent written and spoken command of English and good knowledge of one or more official local languages is desirable
- Driving licence and driving experience.
Your tasks and responsibilities
As Fundraising Advisor, you will provide your knowledge and expertise on various topics related to third-party fundraising to colleagues and partners, who are engaged in a variety of measures to strengthen sustainable and peaceful conflict transformation throughout the region. Therefore, you will be working in close cooperation with all four forumZFD programme country offices.
Specific tasks and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Strategic and conceptual development of fundraising strategies at the programme level, including recommendations for organisational development related to third-party fundraising,
- Networking with third party donors in the region, as well as monitoring and following-up possible fundraising activities of donors that could be of interest for forumZFD and its partners,
- Developing and coordinating a pool of external trainers and consultants for technical training and capacity building of program staff and selected partners on topics related to third-party fundraising,
- Providing quality assurance of applications and reports to third-party donors,
- Developing and implementing forumZFD PM&E standards and tools that are complementary to fulfilling third-party donors monitoring and reporting requirements,
- Maintaining regular communication with Country Directors and Project Managers from all four country offices, which may entail regular travel throughout the region,
- Ensuring knowledge management of all fundraising activities.
We offer an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of two years. Ideally you are available to start working from 1st November 2021 (initially with preparation courses, followed by two years’ work within the programme).
As the position is based on the German Development Aid Workers Act (EhfG), it is restricted to citizens of the EU. The position is renumerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course.
As a Fundraising Advisor working for forumZFD, you will have the opportunity to contribute your ideas and skills within the dynamic and innovative field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding.
Please apply online at https://www.forumzfd.de/en/jobs (letter of motivation and CV) latest 26th of September 2021.
Online interviews are expected to take place on 14th and 15th October 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted before this date.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Lara Lang at email@example.com.
You will find further information about our organization online at www.forumZFD.de. Our work in the Western Balkans is also described in more detail at https://www.forumzfd.de/en/western-balkans.
This job advertisement as well as further employment postings can be viewed at www.forumZFD.de/jobs
We are looking forward to your application!