The Evangelical Mission in Solidarity is a community of Churches and Mission Societies in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. It is committed to worldwide mission and interfaith cooperation. At present about 40 employees are working in the Secretariat in Stuttgart/Germany.
We are looking for a person to fill the position as
Print Editor (75%) (m/f/d) in combination with
Head of Department Communication and Fundraising (25%) (m/f/d)
- for an initial term of 6 years
Your Duties as Print Editor:
- Production of the EMS Magazine and the Annual Report;
- Coordination of the International EMS Editorial Team (international communicator’s network); convening and chairing meetings and conferences of the communicator’s network;
- Responsibility for other EMS publications, such as flyer and information material;
- Content creation within the framework of the EMS cross-media concept;
- Press Relations.
Your Duties as Head of Department Communication and Fundraising:
- Member of the Management Board;
- Administrative and subject specific supervision of the Heads of Units;
- Convening and chairing meetings of the department;
- Participation in meetings of Governing Bodies.
- You have a college degree (Fachhochschulabschluss) in Humanities and Social Sciences, Marketing or Protestant Theology.
- You have a journalistic training and journalistic professional experience in the areas print, public relations, social media or fundraising.
- You are proficient in the tools of digital communication media.
- You have experience in a leadership position and have management skills.
- You have interest in working in an international fellowship of churches and mission societies.
- You have gender sensitivity.
- You are fluent in English and German and have a strong feeling for texts and languages.
The ability to work in a team, strong communication skills, flexibility, commitment and an independent way of working round off your profile.
You can expect a varied range of tasks in an international environment and a good working atmosphere. Payment is according to KAO/TVöD (collective agreement for the public service). A functional allowance shall be paid for the position as Head of Department Communication and Fundraising.
For more information please contact Rev Dr Dieter Heidtmann (General Secretary), firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: +49 (0) 711 63678-21
or Mrs. Cathrin Kaufmann, M.A. (Head of Human Resources), email@example.com, Phone: +49 (0) 711 63678-18
Please send your application (motivation letter and curriculum vitae in English and German) together with at least one reference letter and three work samples by 11.07.2021 to:
Evangelische Mission in Solidarität e.V.