Advisor (m/f/d) for skill development in Pakistan’s Textile Industry
App. w. professional exp. - TemporaryJob description
The textile and fashion industry with its large clusters in Punjab is Pakistan's most important manufacturing sector and faces a major modernisation process in which sustainable production is a major success factor. The project "Labour and Environmental Standards in Pakistan’s Textile Industry" works towards sustainability in the textile and fashion industry of the Punjab to increase competitiveness and economic resilience. The project aims to strengthen public and private sector actors' cooperation, capacities, and competencies to jointly plan and execute approaches to synergize the economic, ecological and social dimension of sustainability in the textile and fashion industry. The project’s focus is on improving cooperation between and within public and private stakeholder groups, capacity development of state actors and enhancing business services for the private sector.Your tasks
- Provide support to the project partners in planning and execution of capacity development measures including tools, systems, assessment methodologies and administrative structures
- Develop and implement training and development plans for improvement in employability of workers in textile and garment industry of Pakistan including, competency development and on measures as per partner’s requirements
- Develop on-the-job training mechanisms for job placements for vulnerable groups, i.e. unskilled labour, people with disabilities, migrant workers, women, in the textile and fashion industry
- Manage capacity development and skills enhancement measures linked with all pillars of sustainability for the textile and fashion industry
- Work on training and skills development activities of the component, partners and stakeholders to enhance their capacity on technical, organizational and management aspects in the context of human resource development
- Coordinate with other components/thematic areas to identify joint topics and develop coherent approaches and development concepts
- University education, preferably with reference to capacity or organisational development e.g. vocational training, HR, management sciences, sociology, international development, economics or other relevant fields
- Several years of professional experience in private sector capacity development, dialogue and exchange or training and skills development
- Knowledge of current concepts and instruments for promoting capacity and skills development
- Consultancy and methodological competence in planning, advisory and monitoring methods
- Consultancy experience at the local implementation level and with local actors
- Political analytical skills and ability to find feasible ways for different actors/conflict parties
- Knowledge of social and cultural sensitivity as well as high level of personal commitment, flexibility and stress resilience
- Very good knowledge of English; knowledge of other languages is an asset
The GIZ offers an additional benefits package for deployments in fragile security situations. You can find further information in the Guide to the Collective Agreement on Assignment Conditions in Fragile Contexts.
Pakistan is a family-friendly location. Pakistan is twice the size of Germany and Switzerland combined and has a population of approximately 220 million. The province of Punjab is home to more than half of Pakistan's population and Lahore, as the capital of Punjab with a population of about 15 million, is the second largest city in Pakistan and both the historical and cultural capital of Punjab and the administrative and industrial capital of the province. The hottest months are May to July, when the temperatures rise to 45 degrees Celsius. The monsoon usually begins at the end of June. The coldest months are December to February with temperatures around 10 degrees. Air pollution is very high, especially in winter. There is a selection of international kindergartens and schools for primary students. Medical care is also generally good in Lahore and other major cities. The country offers a variety of interesting travel opportunities and great excursion destinations which are also accessible to GIZ employees. Lahore is well integrated into international air travel with daily connections via Arab countries, Turkey, and Thailand. The climate is humid, subtropical and characterized by five seasons.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
At the site of operation the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioural measures.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
If you have any questions about benefits and employment opportunities for accompanying partners, please contact: email@example.com
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=55663