In-house job opportunity at ADT Project Consulting GmbH in Bonn / Germany
Project Manager for International Cooperation in Agriculture Sector (m/f/d)
ADT Project Consulting GmbH (ADT) is an innovative and reliable German consulting firm that focuses on planning and implementation of international projects in the areas of agriculture, food and rural development. Since 1995 we have been working for governments, development agencies, public institutions as well as for enterprises and organisations of agriculture and the food industry in more than 70 countries (see www.adtproject.de). The annual turnover is approx. 2.5 Mio. €. ADT maintains strong expertise and network in animal husbandry. Shareholders are national umbrella organisations of German animal breeding.
Main clients are the German Ministry of Food and Agriculture (BMEL), the German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ), EU EuropeAid and other EU programmes, FAO, World Bank and other public donors as well as private organisations/companies.
We are currently looking for an open-minded and motivated Project Managers (m/f/d) with proven track record in agriculture sector and international development cooperation to expand our team in autumn 2021 at our head office in Bonn/Germany. This position offers career prospects to become managing director after 1-2 years.
The Project Manager will be responsible for agriculture projects, with the main tasks of project management, acquisition and strategic business development. Desk work is combined with regular field trips and partner visits in the project regions, as well as direct exchange with donors (e.g. BMEL, GIZ, KfW, EU etc.), beneficiaries and other project partners.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and communicative, experienced colleague, who is willing and able to integrate his/her abilities, networks and dedication in the different agricultural projects. The tasks include project conception and management, project proposal writing in German and English languages and financial aspects of project management. Duty station will be Bonn, Germany, with frequent travel to project partner countries abroad.
Key responsibilities and tasks will include:
- Project Management (implementation management/financial and technical administration, quality assurance, expert recruitment, contract management, etc.) with a focus on agricultural projects, Backstopping missions to the projects;
- Elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals in response to donor tenders, including identification of new projects and related fact-finding missions;
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions;
- Elaboration and writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including ADT publications and PR activities;
- Development of own technical competence in the field of agriculture through training on the job, conducting of short term missions and technical proposals preparation;
- Establishment of good relationships with relevant donor agencies (BMEL, GIZ, KfW, EU etc.), beneficiaries, partner companies and individual experts;
- Support of further activities in the home office in Bonn/Germany towards achieving the company’s objectives.
- University degree (Master or equivalent) in agriculture science or veterinary medicine or related fields;
- Minimum of 10 years of professional working experience and motivation in the context of development cooperation, preferably related to international agriculture / livestock / food safety / veterinary topics;
- Familiarity with the German/ EU/ International development institutions and a well-founded understanding of the strategies and agriculture sector related programmes of relevant donor agencies is an asset;
- Proven track record of success in project management and leading teams;
- Working experience in developing countries;
- Experience in developing and organizing complex project proposals;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment;
- Full proficiency in written and spoken German and English is prerequisite. In addition, professional working proficiency in French or further languages is an advantage;
- Working experience in Germany is prerequisite;
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Familiarity with project planning and evaluation methods;
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications, website management and PR activities;
- Intercultural communication and networking skills;
- Willingness to frequently travel abroad;
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter with contact details, CV, work references / certificates / salary expectation) by email until July 9th, 2021 to:
ADT Project Consulting GmbH
Adenauerallee 174, 53113 Bonn
Tel.: (+49) 228 91447 33