adelphi is an independent think tank and leading international public policy consultancy on climate, environment and development. Our 200-strong team of experts and specialists plays a key role in generating and promoting new ideas, shaping debates, building new strategies and setting agendas. We help to forge new paths towards a sustainable future, both by providing scientifically sound policy analysis and by working in dialogue with political and civil society actors and decision-makers.
Join us and you can expect to work on topical issues that connect the worlds of science and politics, in collaboration with policymakers and practitioners around the world. Contribute your ideas and expertise as part of our interdisciplinary, international project teams, and benefit from a collaborative working and learning environment with flat organisational structures.
Junior Manager Business Development (m/f/d)
to join our Business Development team (fulltime) - Berlin
Your working field
From our Berlin HQ, Business Development Managers manage tenders for development projects and technical assistance contracts funded by national and international donors worldwide. In order to strengthen our Business Development team, we are currently hiring one Junior Manager who will report directly to a Business Development Manager. You will be supporting the technical and administrative preparation of project proposals, mainly for our international clients such as the European Commission, World Bank, Inter-American Development Bank and various national development agencies. It will be your responsibility to coordinate adelphi’s inputs and those of our partners. In addition, you will contribute to the development of our business development unit, by maintaining expert and reference databases.
- At least 1 year of general professional experience preferably in international project management (call for proposals, grants and/or project management). Experience in the day- to-day management of international tenders will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of international cooperation funding mechanisms as well as the bidding processes of a range of international cooperation agencies is essential (EU as a minimum);
- Strong communication skills, good team player, together with ability to work independently and efficiently;
- Coordination, planning and organisation skills;
- Excellent command of Microsoft Word, Excel. A demonstrated ability with editing and design software will be an added value
- Educational background: University Degree, preferably Master’s level in a relevant field of expertise;
- Fluency in English and French (writing and speaking), German is an asset;
In your application please outline how you meet these criteria.
- The opportunity to enter a sustainable business with an exciting, informal, flexible and multicultural work environment
- Flexible working hours and home office arrangements even after the end of the COVID-19 pandemic
- An exciting, flexible and multicultural working environment and an appreciative corporate culture with flat hierarchies
- Free health-promoting sporting activities and membership of the Urban Sports Club at attractive, discounted rates
- BVG discounts and our job bike leasing offer.
- Active work-life balance through flexible working hours, varied working-time models and mobile working
- Continuous, tailored support for developing your skills and planning your own personal career path at adelphi
- An attractive and centrally located office on the banks of the river Spree, an ideal environment for creative work
- A company pension plan subsidized by the employer and an attractive benefits programme