Programme component manager (m/f/d) of a Team in the project for strengthening the cooperation in the Sahel
Manager - TemporaryJob description
As active member of the donor network Sahel Alliance, the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) has commissioned the project "Strengthening Cooperation in the Sahel" in 2019. The project has two outputs: (1) Management of the Secretariat of the Sahel Alliance in Brussels and (2) support to the BMZ in positioning German development cooperation in the network’s knowledge sharing, innovation and co-creation. The job is located in output 1, the secretariat actually comprises 9 staff members in Brussels and 5 experts in the G5-Sahel countries.Your tasks
- Lead the team in the G5 countries, including all processes linked to staff development, coordinate and supervise the liaison experts’ network in the field
- Support the political analysis and conceptual evolution of Sahel Alliance as a network
- Contribute to the preparation of Sahel Alliance meetings
- Monitor and report on activities of your team
- Contribution to the promotion of more adapted coordinated aid modalities e.g. co-financing, joint facilities, flexibility and rapidity of procedures, best practices
- Coordinate the Sahel Alliance thematic group on priority areas
- Support the coordinator in all requirements and act as his interim
- University Degree in Economics, politics or Development or international relations
- Expertise in German development cooperation in the field, preferably in one of the G5-countries
- Strong understanding of donor coordination mechanisms and political dialogue with partner countries Government
- Solid managerial and Leadership skills in intercultural context, also in remote leadership
- Political sense of analysis, reflection and Synthesis as well as conversant with GIZ procedures, rules and regulations
- Excellent communicational, analytical and organizational skills with high affinity to teamwork
- User knowledge of MS Teams, Power Point and Excel
- Fluency in French and English, both written and spoken
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
The willingness for frequent business trips is required.
Extension of the contract period is possible.
If you have any questions about benefits and employment opportunities for accompanying partners, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=54613