Doing the right thing. We are active in Switzerland and 20 countries on four continents. Join us with a commitment to help us bring about a more caring society, as
Country Programme Manager Syria (Cash Assistance Expert), Syria Crisis Response programme (100 %)
Caritas Switzerland implements its currently largest humanitarian programme with a strong focus on Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) in Syria. The programme assists people affected by the conflict through interventions. Next to CVA, the programme delivers also additional interventions in education in emergencies and livelihoods.
- The Country Programme Manager Syria, Syria Crisis Response at the Field Office in Damascus is responsible for the implementation of the Syria related components of the regional programme and for the operational management of the organisation in Syria. (S)he leads an manages the implementation, with a strong focus on Cash-Voucher-Assistance, in compliance with the guidelines and standards of Caritas Switzerland and in close coordination with the Regional Office in Beirut.
- The Country Programme Manager Syria leads the Syria team and supervises and develops international and local staff in the Syria office in Damascus consisting of programme staff and finance & administration. (S)he oversees orderly management of operations.
- The Country Programme Manager Syria initiates and ensures the development of innovative and evidence based project proposals with a strong focus on Cash Voucher Assistance implementations. (S)he initiates and plans together with inhouse advisors and external consultants data collection and data analyses to enhance the quality and competititveness of new actions.
- The Country Programme Manager Syria represents Caritas Switzerland towards partner organizations, national authorities, as well as international and non-governmental organizations in Syria. (S)he leads the engagement of the team with donor organizations and implements the programme’s fundraising strategy. (S)he proactively approaches consortia and technical partners to actively strengthen strategic partnerships.
- The Country Programme Manager Syria is responsible for the financial management, compliance, and auditing of projects and operations in Syria. Together with the finance & admin team, (s)he ensures all proper financial reporting to the regional office.
- The Country Programme Manager Syria defines staff development needs and partner capacity building and ensures their respective implementation. (S)he actively promotes knowledge and quality management based on lessons learned and evaluations within the programme and the institution.
- The Country Programme Manager Syria, together with the field office team, supports media campaigns and visibility actions of the institution. (S)he also ensures the application of working principles of Caritas Switzerland, such as rights-based approach, gender equality, conflict sensitivity, climate change & disaster risk sensitivity.
- University degree or professional studies in relevant fields; post graduate in humanitarian aid and training in Cash Vourcher Assistance is an advantage.
- At least 5 years of work experience, out of which 3 years on leadership level equivalent to head of programmes, including leading CVA implementations.
- Proven experience in acquisition, project and programme management and organizational development.
- Solid knowledge of programmes and guidelines of large donor organizations, such as ECHO, UN, OCHA, WFP, preferably in relation to the Syria crisis.
- Excellent social, analytical, communication, negotiation and organizational skills on leadership level; profound knowledge of administration, financial management, fund-raising, monitoring and reporting.
- Fluency in English language skills, Arabic desirable
Your place of work will be Beirut and Damascus.
Starting date: 01.05.2021 or as agreed upon.
Caritas offers attractive working conditions and an open working atmosphere in an international field of activities.
For further information please contact: Mr Richard Asbeck, Programme Director Syria Crisis Response, Phone +41 41 419 22 29.
The position is advertised on a rolling basis and will be filled upon the selection of a suitable candidate. We look forward to receiving your job application through our web portal. Apply here
Caritas Switzerland, Adligenswilerstrasse 15, 6002 Lucerne