Founded in 1950, World Vision is a global Christian relief, development, and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty, violence, disaster, and injustice. World Vision has over 37,000 staff in nearly 100 countries. We collaborate with others in pursuit of positively impacting the most vulnerable children, their families, and communities around the world.
ECHO EXPERTS (2 positions) (fulltime position - 2 years contract located in the Netherlands, Germany or alternatively Belgium)
World Vision has engaged in a new strategy towards the European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (DG ECHO), looking at building relationships and common understanding, positioning World Vision as a global and European humanitarian actor, as well as enhancing quality and volume of grants. In this context, World Vision is recruiting 2 full time experts, who will accompany this challenging but exciting process by providing adequate expertise. In the framework of World Vision Global ambition and focus on fragile contexts, WV ECHO certified partners and other offices of the WV Partnership collaborate together. The objective of this collaboration is to reach more vulnerable children & growing grants in fragile contexts through increasing WV ECHO portfolio.
These positions will be key to ensure World Vision becomes a key ECHO player and a trusted partner by ensuring compliance and adherence to ECHO key requirements and humanitarian standards. While working under the respective line management of 2 ECHO-certified WV offices, the experts will work within a coordinated structure pooling efforts and resources, in close collaboration with the WV EU Representation team.
What you can find:
You will find a dynamic international organization that promotes flexible working hours and flat hierarchies. Moreover, WV promotes a cordial and respectful intercultural corporate culture shaped by Christian values.
- Support the development and implementation of the ECHO organisational growth strategy
- Develops appropriate Work plan for successful implementation of Strategy
- Capacitate WV Field Offices in accessing and implementing quality ECHO funding and ensure sustainable growth of the ECHO portfolio through transfer of knowledge.
- Ensure key ECHO requirements are respected and institutionalized by the Field Office (e.g. needs assessments, ECHO policies, SPHERE standards, CHS).
- Along with the ECHO specialist based in WV EUREP in Brussels, follow up and ensure implementation in the field of new ECHO policies and requirements.
- Support WV in developing tools ( e.g. MEAL), methodologies and protocols for quality ECHO grants submission and implementation.
- Propose improvements in reporting, documentation and compliance systems.
- Support WV for capacity-building measures (including formal and on the job training) in grant acquisition, management and compliance with DG ECHO policies and standards in humanitarian responses.
- Provide technical expertise in his/her area of competence.
- Supports the establishment of the organisational Coordination mechanism (coordination with Support Offices, Field Offices, European Representation Office etc.) for ECHO strategy and actively participates in coordination mechanisms.
- Leads relevant working groups to establish working protocols, tools and acquisition and management processes
What you should have:
You are a communicative personality and would like to use your specialist knowledge, your experience and your commitment for our children's aid organization. You also stand out through the following experiences and properties:
- Excellent knowledge of DG ECHO and EU Humanitarian environment.
- Significant experience in ECHO project acquisition, management and grant compliance procedures in the field and/or HQ.
- Demonstrate a minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience at national or international level in supporting humanitarian programs/project operations.
- Good knowledge of Humanitarian Aid principles, policies and standards.
- Coordination skills, allowing to you can bring together different stakeholders to achieve the envisioned objectives and ability to steer such processes
- Ability to translate a strategy into a work plan.
- Significant experience in training, capacity-building, and mentoring.
- Budgetary and financial management skills, Experience in MEAL tools.
- For one of the 2 positions, expertise in the Shelter sector is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and representational skills.
- Strong written and spoken communication in English. French and/or Spanish is an asset.
- Ability to travel frequently - the position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically (within Europe) and internationally (fragile contexts) up to 30% of the time.
- Masters or BA degree in a relevant field
These are full time positions.
Duration of the contract: two years
2 candidates will be selected for two different post locations.
Locations: the positions will be placed either in WV Germany office in Friedrichsdorf near Frankfurt, or in WV Netherlands in Amersfoort; alternatively, one position could be located in the WV EU Representation in Brussels, Belgium.
The contract will be done according to the labor legislation of the country where the candidate is posted.
To apply, please send your CV, motivation letter (with mention of intended start date and salary expectations), as well as preferred location post, to the following email address:
Due to limited resources, we will unfortunately not be able to reply to individual queries. Only shortlisted Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.