(Junior) Project Acquisitions Manager (m/f/d) (J2102PA)
The Center for Evaluation and Development (C4ED), Germany, is looking for a (Junior) Project Acquisitions Manager to join its Project Acquisitions Team. The person will be working alongside quantitative and qualitative evaluators, research manager, and others on applications for work taking place in developing countries.
C4ED’s vision is to improve the lives of the poor and vulnerable by making development interventions more effective. With a strong focus on mixed-methods and quantitative impact evaluations in developing countries, C4ED is one of the leading German research centers in the areas of poverty reduction, microfinance, health insurance, education, humanitarian assistance, and nutrition. C4ED is currently conducting projects all over the world and maintains research relationships with 3ie, ACTED, GCF, IFAD, ILO, IPA, J-PAL, the World Bank, and UNICEF to name just a few of its cooperation partners.
As a (Junior) Project Acquisitions Manager, you will be involved in the preparation and submission of expressions of interest (EOIs) and applications for new projects that C4ED is interested in working on, as well as events planning and communications. Your tasks would include:
- Contributing to proposal development and acquisitions for various donors, e.g. World Bank, 3ie, GIZ and other
- Preparation of Expressions of Interest or other pre-qualification documents and proposals
- Coordinating project proposal writing including one’s own contributions to project proposals
- Researching, communicating, and liaising with project partners and donors
- Quality Management and continuous improvement of project acquisition processes
- Finding and recruiting external experts for proposals
- Managing documents and databases
- Support in report writing
- Contributing to Public Relations, including short translations
- Assisting with the organization and coordination of fundraising and networking events
- Attend and represent C4ED at networking events as requested
- Prepare and improve short marketing and communications texts
- Support social media and web content development
- Administrative duties with German Authorities
- Additional tasks as assigned
You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in social science, international development, economics or a related field. For the Junior Project Acquisitions Manager, you are interested in gaining first-hand experience in the field of international development at a firm that focuses on impact evaluations, research and data collection for development interventions. To qualify as a Project Acquisitions Manager, you must have at least 1 year of full-time acquisitions or business development experience in a relevant field.
You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English; written and verbal communication skills in other languages (e.g. French, Spanish) would be a plus. Important attributes include a high attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure. Familiarity and/or interest in creating and working with proposal budgets is a plus.
While you will be working in a team, you are also able to work independently. You are detail-oriented, adept at multitasking, and can work under pressure. You enjoy interacting with a wide range of individuals ranging from researchers to donors and local partners, and you are able to maintain good collaborations. While travel is not generally included in this position, if required, willingness to travel to work locations is a necessity.
The position offers a good opportunity to gain experience in international development and public relations. We are interested in offering you a long-term job perspective, including professional development. The position is based in Mannheim, Germany. Kindly note that this position does not offer a remote work option.
We look forward to receiving your CV, cover letter, a writing sample (in English), a copy of your University’s transcripts and/or certificates (if available) and job references. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a final deadline for applications being the 15 March 2021. Candidates who have the capacity to start quickly will be given priority.
For further information, please contact Tanja Topuzoglu (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please submit your application exclusively, using the questionnaire that you will find under the following link http://careers.c4ed.org and mention the reference J2102PA.