We are hiring a
Financial Accountant (“(Bilanz-)Buchhalter”)
Full-time or Part-time
Founded in 1972, IFOAM – Organics International works as an agent of change, advocating for true sustainability in agriculture, value chains, and consumption. We are an international non-profit organization with a membership base that spans around 100 countries, and promote a holistic approach to food systems based on the principles of health, ecology, fairness, and care.
It’s an exciting time to join our team! We are growing and in transition, and are looking to strengthen our organization by supporting us in the implementation of projects across different countries with the aim to promote organic culture. To this end we are looking for a Financial Accountant to join our governance team of eight persons. You are a proactive team player, able to work collaboratively as part of a multicultural and interdisciplinary team.
You will be contributing to the expansion of our accounting and (project) controlling facilities in line with our growth.
You will be part of a team of over 30, based in Bonn, Germany, reporting to the Deputy Director. We are aiming to fill this position as soon as possible.
- Manage all daily-business accounting transactions, coordination and processing of payments
- Prepare journal entries accurately and efficiently
- Handle quarterly and annual closings
- Prepare and handle project audits
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable and coordinate and prepare for the annual financial audit
- Prepare invoices for partners, projects and membership
- Maintain assets register/ inventory lists
- Monthly review and analysis of bank account balances, balance sheets and profit/loss accounts
- Prepare tax declarations and file tax returns, in close cooperation with our external tax consultant
- Handle external correspondence related to financial matters, e.g. with tax consultants, authorities, banks, insurance companies and donor organizations
- Comply with financial policies and public regulations
Monitoring and Administration
- Prepare organizational budgets and budget forecasts
- Consolidate project financial reporting and budgeting to the yearly organizational budget
- Provide regular and ad-hoc financial reports and information to management
- Assist the project coordinators in project accounting
- Handle company-related insurances (Inventory, liability, etc.)
- Oversee and further develop procedures and policies related to financial monitoring and accounting
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting or similar education, e.g. “Bilanzbuchhalter”
- Strong accounting knowledge according to HGB (Handelsgesetzbuch – German Commercial Code)
- 5+ years of professional experience in accountancy, including year-end closing
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Experience in the NGO environment of advantage
- Strong systematic, analytical and conceptual understanding
- Fluency in English and German
We offer a full-time (40 hours/week) position with the opportunity to work part time, initially for 2 years with the intention to extend to an unlimited contract, with a probation period of 6 months.
IFOAM – Organics International offers an annual salary comparable to those offered by other international NGOs of a similar size in Bonn, Germany, for similar positions.
How to Apply
Please submit your application by email in one single file (PDF) to email@example.com,
no later than March 12, 2021, indicating in the subject line the title of the position you apply for.
Your application must include a cover letter, your CV and salary expectations. Additional documents may be asked for at a later stage. Short-listed candidates will also be asked to provide the names and contact details of two professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered.