The Evangelical Mission of Solidarity is a community of churches and missionary societies in Asia, Africa, the Near East and Europe. It is committed to a worldwide mission and religious cooperation. About 45 male and female colleagues are working in the Secretariat in Stuttgart at the moment.
We are looking for a person to fill the following vacancy
Indonesia Liaison Desk Secretary 75% (m/f/d) – for an initial term of 6 years
Your Duties as Indonesia Liaison Desk Secretary:
- You are the contact person for member churches in Indonesia.
- You bear responsibility for county specific work in public relation and education.
- You are responsible for the relationship management with member churches in Indonesia.
- You take part in collaboration in multilateral negotiations of EMS (e.g. Key issues, mission theological reflection and Ecumenical Youth Volunteers Program EYVP).
- You monitor the projects in close collaboration with the Programs and Project Unit.
- You participate in “Joint Programmes” of EMS (e.g. focal themes, solidarity and advocacy work, theological reflection on mission).
- You are an ordained theologian.
- You have personal experiences in the field of ecumenical and international relationship and ideally spend a longer period abroad.
- You have experience in a leadership position and management.
- You have good knowledge of mission theology and enjoy work in theological and conceptual context.
- You want to maintain and expand your existing international network.
- You are a team player and have experience in team development.
- You have knowledge of international development cooperation and bring gender competence.
- You are fluent in English and German and you might have knowledge in Bahasa Indonesia.
For more information please contact Rev Dr Kerstin Neumann (Head of Department Mission and Partnership), firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: +49 (0) 711 63678-33
Mrs. Cathrin Kaufmann, M.A. (Head of Human Resources), email@example.com, Phone: +49 (0) 711 63678-18
Please send your application (motivation letter and curriculum vitae in English and German) together with at least one reference letter by 25.04.2021 to:
Evangelische Mission in Solidarität e.V.