The Evangelical Mission in Solidarity is a community of Churches and Mission Societies in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. It is committed to worldwide mission and interfaith cooperation. At present about 40 employees are working in the Secretariat in Stuttgart/Germany.
We are looking for a person to fill the position as
Head of Ecumenical Youth Volunteers Programme (100%) (m/f/d) - for an initial term of 6 years
As Head of Ecumenical Youth Volunteers Programme you are responsible for the three exchange directions of the EYVP and for the International Youth Network.
- Coordination of the South-North exchange and South-South exchange including strategic planning for further development.
- Coordination of assignment of young adults as volunteers from the churches of the EMS Fellowship in Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
- Finding communities and social institutions to host volunteers from Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
- Contact person for volunteers and hosts of placement.
- Planning, organisation and implementation of accompanying seminars before, during and after the volunteer service.
- Responsibility for the planning and implementation of international youth workshops in the EMS community.
- Organising members of the Youth Network and former volunteers to promote the EYVP.
- You have a Master Degree or a comparable degree in Protestant Theology, Humanities and Social Sciences or Educational Sciences.
- You are familiar with church structures and church development cooperation.
- You have experience in youth work.
- You have personal experiences in the field of ecumenical and international relationship.
- You have preferably spent a minimum period of two years abroad.
- You have gender sensitivity.
- You are fluent in English and German.
For more information please contact Rev Dr Kerstin Neumann (Head of Department Mission and Partnership), email@example.com, Phone: +49 (0) 711 63678-33
Mrs. Cathrin Kaufmann, M.A. (Head of Human Resources), firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: +49 (0) 711 63678-18
Please send your application (motivation letter and curriculum vitae in English and German) together with at least one reference letter by 21.03.2021 to:
Evangelische Mission in Solidarität e.V.