The PATRIP Foundation is a charitable, non-profit-making institution, set up by the German state-owned KfW Development Bank on behalf of the German Federal Foreign Office in 2011. The PATRIP Foundation’s overall goal is to contribute to more stability in fragile countries, where we work together with trusted national and international NGOs as implementing partners to support border communities facing challenges of isolation, violence, and poverty. The financial contribution of PATRIP Foundation is exclusively for charitable purposes of enhancing development co-operation, particularly through social and economic infrastructure projects in cross-border and close-border districts of Pakistan, Afghanistan and Tajikistan (PAT region) and countries in West Africa (WA region).
In the PAT region projects currently involve basic social infrastructure buildings, power transmission, water and sanitation, transportation infrastructure, education and health infrastructure, irrigation facilities and mine clearance, while in the WA region projects focus on both the strengthening of social cohesion through dialogue and conflict resolution, as well as on providing vital community infrastructure, particularly benefitting youth and women.
The PATRIP Foundation is supported by an external monitoring team of several technical and financial experts located in Australia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Benin and Burkina Faso.
For more information, please refer to our website: www.patrip.org
The PATRIP Foundation is currently looking for a
Administration and Finance Manager (part-time possible)
to support our team in Frankfurt am Main in Germany.
PATRIP Foundation is seeking an organized and passionate multi-tasker for the role of Administration and Finance Manager. This post offers the opportunity to contribute immediately to an organization that is expected to grow substantially over the coming months and years, while gaining experience in the administration and management of a non-profit organization.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Bookkeeping, preparing budgets and cost plans;
- Financial reporting;
- Support in the preparation, implementation and preparation of the annual financial statements and the annual audit;
- Preparation and visualisation of project data for reports;
- Support in drawing up contracts and tendering processes;
- Organisation of workshops with implementing partners and donors (both physical and virtual/online), including presentations and group discussions; organisation of field visits;
- Support the Programme Managers and the PATRIP Board of Directors in any other issue, such as the preparation of meetings of the PATRIP Supervisory Board;
- General administrative tasks including office management including keeping supplies stocked, maintaining digital and physical files, correspondence and data filing.
- 2-5 years of experience in office/project management and coordination;
- Understanding and application of best practices in business accounting, budgeting and financial management;
- Language skills: Fluency in written and spoken English and German is a must, French would be an asset;
- High motivation and initiative, capacity for self-organisation, excellent written and oral communication skills, intercultural competence;
- Very good knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel and Power Point, knowledge of Adobe InDesign would be an asset;
- Experience with online collaboration tools, especially for online conferences would be an asset.
- Be part of a small and dynamic team;
- Participate in the organisational development of a growing institution;
- Work in a multi-cultural context;
- Enjoy fair and flexible working conditions including training opportunities.
Expected starting date:
- As soon as possible.
Duration of the position:
- The employment is limited to 2 years, with the possibility of extension.
If you are interested in this position kindly submit your documents including a letter of motivation, your CV (max. 1 to 3 pages) and relevant diplomas and reference letters electronically at the latest by 28th of February 2021 to the following email address:
Please reply to the following questions in your letter of motivation and include the earliest date on which you would be available to start working for us, as well as your salary expectations.
- Why are you particularly qualified to support the PATRIP team as an Administration and Finance Manager?
- What do you expect from working as an Administration and Finance Manager for the PATRIP Foundation?
Pre-selected candidates will be invited to an interview by video/phone conference.