The PATRIP Foundation is a charitable, non-profit-making institution, set up by the German state-owned KfW Development Bank on behalf of the German Federal Foreign Office in 2011. The PATRIP Foundation’s overall goal is to contribute to more stability in fragile countries, where we work together with trusted national and international NGOs as implementing partners to support border communities facing challenges of isolation, violence, and poverty. The financial contribution of PATRIP Foundation is exclusively for charitable purposes of enhancing development co-operation, particularly through social and economic infrastructure projects in cross-border and close-border districts of Pakistan, Afghanistan and Tajikistan (PAT region) and countries in West Africa (WA region).
In the PAT region projects currently involve basic social infrastructure buildings, power transmission, water and sanitation, transportation infrastructure, education and health infrastructure, irrigation facilities and mine clearance, while in the WA region projects focus on both the strengthening of social cohesion through dialogue and conflict resolution, as well as on providing vital community infrastructure, particularly benefitting youth and women.
The PATRIP Foundation is supported by an external monitoring team of several technical and financial experts located in Australia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Benin and Burkina Faso.
For more information, please refer to our website: www.patrip.org
The PATRIP Foundation is currently looking for a
full-time Programme Manager
to support our team in Frankfurt am Main in Germany.
The Programme Manager will mainly support the design and implementation of the Afghanistan, Pakistan and Tajikistan portfolio of the PATRIP Foundation that is expected to grow substantially over the coming months and years. In addition, the Programme Manager will have the chance to engage together with the PATRIP team in Frankfurt am Main in overall topics related to the Foundation’s strategic and organisational development.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Project development and monitoring, including technical and financial monitoring as well as Key Account contract management;
- Communication with implementing partners and the PATRIP external monitoring team;
- Support the Foundation as inhouse technical expert;
- Liaison with donor agencies in accordance with the PATRIP Board of Directors;
- Participate in overall topics and internal projects of the Foundation such as business development, fundraising and evaluations, further development of our procedures etc.;
- Organisation of workshops with implementing partners and donors, including presentations and group discussions; organisation of field visits;
- Support the PATRIP Board of Directors in any other issue, such as the preparation of presentations for the PATRIP Supervisory Board.
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or equivalent;
- Several years of professional experience, especially in the design, monitoring and supervision of infrastructure projects (NGO, donor agency, consulting business) including working experience in the field;
- Proven experience in basic social infrastructure project development (including technical design) and project monitoring;
- Working experience related to development cooperation in fragile contexts would be an asset;
- Knowledge of challenges and stakeholders in Afghanistan and neighbouring countries including working experience in the region would be an asset;
- Experience in public procurement would be an asset;
- Experience with Remote Management, Monitoring and Verification Systems (RMMV) would be an asset;
- Readiness to travel to fragile regions;
- Language skills: Fluency in written and spoken English and German is mandatory, French would be an asset;
- Computer literacy (MS Office);
- High motivation and initiative, capacity for self-organisation, excellent written and oral communication skills, intercultural competence.
- Be part of a small and dynamic team;
- Participate in the organisational development of a growing institution;
- Work in a multi-cultural context including travelling;
- Enjoy fair and flexible working conditions including training opportunities.
Expected starting date:
- As soon as possible.
Duration of the position:
- The employment is limited to 2 years, with the possibility of extension.
If you are interested in this position kindly submit your documents including a letter of motivation, your CV (max. 1 to 3 pages) and relevant diplomas and reference letters electronically at the latest by 28th of February 2021 to the following email address:
Please reply to the following questions in your letter of motivation and include the earliest date on which you would be available to start working for us, as well as your salary expectations.
- Why are you particularly qualified to support the PATRIP team as a Programme Manager?
- What do you expect of working as a Programme Manager for the PATRIP Foundation?
Pre-selected candidates will be invited to an interview by video/phone conference.