We are one of the leading German consulting companies working within the framework of international development cooperation. We strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world. We provide consulting services and run projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds, be it through GIZ, KfW, the European Commission or others. Since 1982, we have been active in more than 130 countries and continuously expand the scope of our work, which currently includes ten technical departments.
In the Financial Systems Development (FSD) Department, we focus on consultancy services related to banking, small business lending, Green Finance and Agricultural & Rural Finance. In the field of Green Finance we support local partner financial institutions in developing, launching and managing sustainable lending activities with focus on climate change mitigation (e.g. Renewable Energy (RE), and Energy Efficiency (EE) Finance) and adaptation (e.g. forestry, water, climate Smart Agriculture, Resource Efficiency Finance (ResE)).
Join our team in the Financial Systems Development Department in Hamburg as an open-minded and versatile (Senior) Consultant (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
- Acquisition of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals in the field of Financial Systems Development
- Management of ongoing projects and studies (backstopping) on site and Hamburg-based (financial and technical administration, monitoring and evaluation of projects and studies)
- Networking with donor agencies, beneficiaries, partner companies or institutions, subcontractors and experts
- Conducting fact-finding and technical short-term consultancy missions
- Elaboration of reports, concepts and presentations and contribution to knowledge and quality management
- Active contribution to the further development of the thematic area of green and sustainable finance
- Representing GFA in conferences and seminars
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals
- University degree (MA) in economics, business administration, finance, engineering, environmental management or related fields
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the context of development cooperation,
- Familiarity with the German (GIZ, KfW) and European development sector (e.g. EIB, EBRD); a profound understanding of the strategies and policies of the relevant donor agencies will be an asset
- Working experience in developing countries and/or threshold countries.
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English is a prerequisite; proficiency in German, French or Russianis considered a strong asset;
- Willingness to travel extensively to the countries of operation
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage complex situations under tight schedules
- Ability to work in intercultural teams
What we offer:
We work at the heart of International Cooperation and find solutions to global challenges through our projects. Integrated into a team of employees from all over the world and different backgrounds, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model and our family-oriented company policy makes it possible for you to reconcile professional and private life. Even though Hamburg is a vibrant city, GFA offices are surrounded by nature. To get here fast and easy we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to exchange.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV and references/certificates) per e-mail to:
Ms Theda Matthiesen
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Deadline is February 10th, 2021.