Development Worker as Advisor (m/f/d) for the Economic Inclusion of Refugees and Host Communities
App. w. professional exp. - TemporaryJob description
In 2016, the Rwandan Ministry in Charge of Emergency Management (MINEMA) and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) developed a joint strategy for the economic inclusion of refugees in Rwanda, which is currently being revised. In line with this strategy and Rwanda’s commitments under the Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework and the Global Compact on Refugees, the Economic Inclusion of Refugees and Host Communities project aims at supporting the improvement of economic inclusion of refugees and inhabitants of the host communities.Your tasks
- Support UNHCR and District authorities in building capacities regarding the identification of markets and employment opportunities, implementation of services for refugees and members of the host communities
- Coordinate and monitor livelihood activities between UNHCR, GIZ and other development partners and actors
- Search new implementing partner organizations, their advisory and capacity building needs and provide technical assistance
- Identify and advise individuals and groups with business
- Help to provide a link between the local government, UNHCR, the private sector and the vocational training Center
- Identify possible new strategic partners to support the implementation of the UNHCR-MINEMA Joint Livelihood Strategy 2021-2025 and the project´s objectives
- University degree or professional qualification in economics, regional economic development, business sciences or vocational training or in an other relevant area
- Experience in capacity building and organizational development of partner organizations
- Experience with micro, small and medium sized businesses, business development and creation, job-matching or regional economic development
- Knowledge of labour market services or vocational qualification
- Experience in working with international organizations and refugees or other vulnerable groups
- Excellent advisory and coaching skills, communication competencies as well as a proactive attitude
- Fluent in English; French is an asset
- Driver's license
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Rwanda.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=52950