Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung is looking for a
to support its Regional Programme on Energy Security and Climate Change in Sub-Saharan Africa. The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a German political foundation, associated with the Christian Democratic Union of Germany (CDU). KAS is committed to fostering democracy and the rule of law, to implementing social and market-economic structures and to promoting human rights. Its Regional Programme Energy Security and Climate Change in sub-Saharan Africa realizes activities around the nexus of energy security and climate change in all sub-Saharan countries. Its objective is to improve the political and social framework for climate friendly sustainable development as well as fostering regional and international cooperation on energy security and on climate adaption and mitigation plans in the Region.
KAS is funded by the German Government and currently host around 200 projects in more than 100 countries worldwide. The work is implemented via its 80 field offices, including 17 offices in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Conceptual planning of the Regional Programme Energy Security and Climate Change in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Research and analysis of current developments in the sector of energy security and climate change in the region as well as internationally;
- Participation in the organizational planning, implementation and evaluation of activities of the Regional Programme Energy Security and Climate Change in Sub-Saharan;
- Preparation of various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc. (English and German and/or French);
- Support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., including proposal of agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations;
- Implementation of outreach activities; conducting training workshops, seminars, presentations on assigned topics/activities;
- Manage regular communications with programme partners, participants and other stakeholders;
- Coordinate overall visibility, including website and social media updates;
- Analyzation of project development and implementation, review of relevant documents and reports, identification of problems and issues to be addressed.
This position requires extensive traveling in sub-Saharan Africa, including weekends and weeknights.
- A university degree (Master/PhD) in environmental, political or social sciences or related field;
- Track record of working experience in International Organisations, preferably in sub-Saharan African countries;
- Demonstrated experience in programme coordination and project implementation;
- Fluency in English, sound knowledge of German and/or French is required;
- Record of (scientific) publications on Climate Change, Energy or related issues;
- Excellent analytical and communication skills;
- Good social media skills, affinity for IT and new technologies;
- Good command of Microsoft Office package;
- Experience in interacting with international project partners and official stakeholders;
- Ability to quickly understand complex contexts, to work in intercultural teams and to resolve problems in a structured and solution-oriented way;
- High degree of flexibility and commitment.
Candidates should be in possession of a valid work permit for Kenya.
How to apply
Candidates should send their application, including a list of two references, in a single PDF document via email to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: 5 February 2021
Applications that consist of more than one document or are not submitted as a PDF document will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.