A leader in development consultancy, GOPA Worldwide Consultants implements projects in developing and transition economies on behalf of national and international development partners, national authorities, industry representatives and civil society organisations. To ensure that the programmes we implement have a lasting impact in terms of economic growth, sustainability and poverty reduction, we target structural reforms and capacity building in five core sectors. These five sectors represent our commitment towards improving the social and economic situation of people through Education and Employment Promotion, Governance and Economic Development, Rural Development and Environment, and also by measuring the long-term impact of interventions through Statistics and Monitoring & Evaluation.
GOPA Worldwide is looking for a
Project Manager Finance (m/f/d)
to start as soon as possible in our Rural Development and Environment department in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt am Main).
As Project Manager Finance, you will be responsible for both the acquisition of new projects and the implementation and financial backstopping of ongoing projects in the field of Rural Development and Environment. Besides the work at our headquarters, you will travel abroad regularly for project set-ups and for backstopping missions and short-term expert assignments.
- You prepare financial bids and project calculations for projects in acquisition phase
- You ensure the financial set-up of projects in the project country and at headquarters
- You draft contracts with clients, partners and subcontractors – and, if necessary, provide support with contract negotiations
- You exchange with clients, beneficiaries, consortium partners and experts during project implementation
- You take charge of all commercial tasks for the assigned projects, in close cooperation with the internal technical counterpart
- You are responsible for the financial monitoring, and budget control, of the assigned projects
- You ensure compliance with project procedures according to GOPA’s and clients’ specifications
What we offer
- The opportunity to focus on your field of expertise
- An international working environment and colleagues who enjoy working together, mixing competence with the right amount of humour, and who are looking forward to having you in the team
- The chance to actively contribute to the future success of the department and extend its regional portfolio
- Short communication and decision-making processes, and a living “open doors” culture across all company levels
- Free RMV job ticket
- Job bike
- Our own canteen
- Relevant academic degree (business administration or equivalent) or a commercial training degree with a financial background
- Relevant experience in the financial and administrative management of (development) projects is required
- Business fluent in English and Spanish. A good command of French and German language skills would be an asset
- Experience in project management, ideally relating to GIZ or KfW projects, or in the field of international cooperation
- Strong analytical skills in budget planning, project implementation and budget monitoring
- Sound user knowledge of MS Office package; knowledge of an ERP system is an asset
- High interest in figures and the constant improvement of department results
- Willingness to travel and to spend some time abroad, in development and transition countries
- Proven ability to work in a team
Please send us your complete application documents, including curriculum vitae, motivation letter and references.
Apply online: Project Manager Finance (m/f/d) (RDE) (perbit-job.de)