Advisor (m/f/d) TVET Practitioner policy and qualification development
App. w. professional exp. - TemporaryJob description
The Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Sector Support Programme (TVETSSP) in Pakistan supports the reform of the vocational training sector in Pakistan by developing and implementing qualifications for vocational training personnel along the newly introduced National Vocational Qualifications Framework (NVQF) using the Competency-Based Training and Assessment (CBT&A) approach in close cooperation with national and regional organizations of the Pakistani vocational training system. In this context, the Programme provides methodological and trade-specific skill upgradation training for Chief Master Trainers, Master Trainers, Instructors, Lead Assessors, Master Assessors and Assessors, which is implemented through a cascading model. The program also advises political decision-makers and institutions on the comprehensive introduction of the National Qualifications Framework (NVQF) and the Competency-Based Training & Assessment approach (CBT&A). TVETSSP also supports the development of human resource development (HRD) policies within the regional Technical Education and Technical Training Authorities (TEVTA).Your tasks
- Planning and coordinating the implementation of the training of TVET practitioners through the cascading model in close cooperation with national advisors at regional level
- Steering of national and international short-term experts for the development and assurance of qualifications for TVET practitioner
- Coordinating the support provided to regional TEVTAs for the integration of NVQF qualifications for TVET practitioners into their HRD policies
- Ensuring technical harmonization within TVETSSP related to human resource development of TVET practitioners
- Designing and conducting events and networking activities.
- Managing information and knowledge of qualification measures for TVET practitioners
- Completed university studies in vocational education and training, professional education, adult education, or comparable study courses
- Several years of professional experience in the field of TVET, preferably in the design and implementation of qualifications for TVET practitioners and policies for human resource development policies
- Sound specialist knowledge of the CBT&A approach, preferably in New Zealand, Australia, Canada or the United Kingdom
- Proven project management experience in the context of international development cooperation
- Proven knowledge of labour market oriented TVET qualification development methodologies
- Experience with the development and usage of digital training management systems is an asset
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills as well as a high level of consulting competence
- Native speaker fluency in English; knowledge of the German language is an advantage
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
The GIZ offers an additional benefits package for deployments in fragile security situations.
Under the following link you will find information about living and working in Pakistan.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=51872