Programme component manager (m/f/d) "Support to Economic Reforms and Business Climate Improvement in Iraq"
Führungskraft - BefristetTätigkeitsbereich
The Project “Private Sector Development and Employment Promotion in Iraq” aims to improve the economic and social perspectives of young people and returning refugees in Iraq. Volatile oil prices, insecurity, policy constraints and a saturated public sector contribute to a high youth unemployment rate and limited private sector growth, recently also amplified by the Covid-19 pandemic. The project is based on two modules covering respectively support to economic policy reforms and employment promotion. The first module of the project aims at supporting the Iraqi government and the government of the Kurdish Region with the planning and implementation of economic reforms towards a better investment and business climate. It follows a multi-stakeholder approach and comprises 5 outputs related to (1) capacity-building for economic policy, (2) public-private dialogues, (3) civil society involvement for economic reforms, (4) support to evidence-based policy making and (5) corruption prevention and business integrity.Ihre Aufgaben
- Responsibility for strategic planning, oversight and implementation of measures in the five outputs of the project module
- Participation in relevant planning processes, monitoring and management of the budget, quality and knowledge management as well as contribution to monitoring and reporting
- Direct disciplinary leadership for several technical team leaders in charge of the implementation of the outputs as well as indirect responsibility for around 20 staff members at the project locations Baghdad and Erbil
- Support to the technical team leaders with conceptual planning and implementation of their work streams in alignment with the project’s objectives and orientation towards sustainability
- Ensuring technical quality and compliance with rules and regulations in the implementation of activities
- Ensuring effective technical and financial monitoring and reporting for the module according to requirements of the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development and EU
- Support the representation of the project in external and internal coordination meetings (e.g. Cluster, EU Steering Committee)
- Support the project management with active networking, cooperation and positioning of the project within the Iraqi government and donor community in the area of intervention
- Master´s Degree in a relevant field e.g. economics or social sciences
- Many years of work experience in the implementation of technical cooperation projects, ideally in the field of economic governance or sustainable economic development with a strong base of economic policy advisory
- Good knowledge of the GIZ procedures for implementation with various donors, ideally also with the EU
- Leadership and management experience in the implementation of complex project activities using a multi-stakeholder approach
- Experiences working in volatile security environments are an advantage
- Ability to lead and manage a diverse team according to GIZ principles
- High political sensitivity and a confident and diplomatic appearance to the highest political level as well as strong motivation and willingness to learn and lead in a dynamic team environment
- Fluency in German and English; Arabic language skills are an asset
Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützt die GIZ die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen.
The GIZ offers an additional benefits package for deployments in fragile security situations. You can find further information in the Guide to the Collective Agreement on Assignment Conditions in Fragile Contexts.
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Iraq.
The security situation is critically tense. It requires continuous monitoring and special security risk mitigation measures for GIZ staff. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The freedom of movement is severely restricted. It is not possible for life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment.
At the site of operation the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
Die Stellenausschreibung richtet sich an alle Geschlechter.
Bitte haben Sie Verständnis dafür, dass wir Bewerbungen grundsätzlich nur über unser E-Recruiting-System annehmen und bearbeiten können. Nach Bestätigung der erfolgreich erstellten Bewerbung bitten wir Sie, Ihren Spam / Junk Ordner regelmäßig zu überprüfen, da E-Mails unseres eRecruiting-Systems von manchen Providern als Spam eingestuft werden.
Die GIZ möchte den Anteil von Menschen mit Behinderung im Unternehmen erhöhen. Daher freuen wir uns über entsprechende Bewerbungen.
Hier können Sie sich einen Überblick zu unseren Leistungspaketen verschaffen.
Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=51859