Project manager (m/f/d) for project waste management and circular economy
Manager - TemporaryJob description
The project "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle to Protect the Marine Environment and Coral Reefs (Waste prevention and Circular Economy to protect seas and corals)" supports the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) member states in the improvement of implementation capacities for reducing land-based waste leakage to protect the seas. The project outcome includes three output areas. Based on the “ASEAN Framework of Action on Marine Debris” the regional cooperation and knowledge management among the ASEAN working groups will be enhanced. The second area of activity focuses on the development of national measures for waste leakage reduction within the focal ASEAN member states as well as their transmission to strategies on local level. The third area of activity focuses on involving the private sector to develop approaches for waste leakage reduction along the value chain. Pilot projects along the value chain from sustainable consumption to enhanced waste collection and recycling will be implemented in a fourth area of activity in selected municipalities.Your tasks
- Responsibility for the technical and financial management and implementation of the project including annual operational planning of project activities
- Organizing the relationship with partner organizations
- Consulting, coordinating and implementing strategies and activities with the government, private institutions and academic actors
- Reporting and personnel management
- Advisory services in the field of waste management, circular economy, waste prevention, policy development and organizational development
- Knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation of project impacts on project level as well as contributions on a national and regional level
- Address safe guards and gender
- Support to policy development in Indonesia and at a regional level as well as contributing to knowledge sharing, information management and portfolio development for the GIZ Indonesia office
- Master’s degree in environmental engineering, environmental management, circular economy or any related environmental degree
- Long term experience in the management of larger projects (>5 Mio) within a development context
- Long term experience and recognized expertise in the technical field e.g. Circular economy, waste management, policy development
- Well-developed skills in people’s management as well as financial and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate and relate with people of diverse cultures and at all levels of a hierarchical organization and constructively cooperate with colleagues
- Results and performance oriented as well as good analytical and excellent communications skills
- Fluency in German and English speaking and writing
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Indonesia.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
At the site of operation the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
- This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
- The willingness for frequent business trips is required.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=50806