Senior Group Leader and Tender Manager – Education, Skills and Employment – Germany
NIRAS International Consulting (NIC) including its German office - NIRAS-IP Consult - is a consulting company with offices around Europe, Africa and Asia. To strengthen NIC’s capacity in acquiring and implementing education, skills and employment (ESE) projects, we are currently looking for a Senior Group Leader and Tender Manager. We offer an interesting work environment within a dynamic team in Stuttgart, Germany.
The main responsibilities related to the position are acquisition of new projects and leading the Education, Skills and Employment (ESE) team. There will also be opportunities for consulting assignments and short-term missions.
More specifically the responsibilities include:
- Leading and coordinating a globally dispersed ESE team, including HR responsibilities, resource allocation, etc.
- Business development in ESE, including acquisition of technical and financial assistance projects and management of bidding processes for key donors (especially for GIZ, KfW, SDC and EU)
- Internal and external knowledge and experience-sharing on ESE.
- Academic degree in economics, education, agriculture, energy or related (Master or equiv.)
- Professional level in German and English with further languages, especially French considered an asset
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
Professional experience required:
- Min. 10 years of experience in technical and financial assistance projects (GIZ, KfW, SDC), preferably related to education, skills development or employment promotion. Experience with fund management, refugee/migration (renewable energy, or agriculture) projects will be considered an asset.
- Experience in business development and acquisition, ideally in the context of development consulting
- Experience in leading geographically dispersed teams
- Excellent network of relevant organisations in education, skills development or employment promotion
Interpersonal competencies required:
- Good communication skills and interpersonal competencies
- Experience with teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Flexibility to work on a broad range of topics
- Willingness to travel
Oct 2020 (or upon agreement)
30 September 2020
Competitive salary based on experience
Initially 2 years, with possibility of extension
Stuttgart, Germany (with a flexible home office regulation)
At NIC, you will work with more than 280 in-house development professionals across 7 European and 20 country offices. In the German office you will join a team of 30 colleagues. Here our key areas of expertise comprise skills development, employment promotion, rural development and natural resource management, energy efficiency and renewable energy, governance and decentralization. Our main clients are Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, KfW Entwicklungsbank, Swiss Development Cooperation (SDC) and the European Union. Building on our motto - we listen, we learn, we deliver – we continuously expand our position as our clients’ trusted partner in economically, environmentally and socially sustainable development.
For more about NIC see: http://www.niras.com/dc
Follow this link to apply by submitting your CV and motivation letter: https://cv.niras.com/job_details/6568 (please use one of the following browsers - Firefox or Internet Explorer)
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can only be accepted by submission at the above link and only shortlisted candidates can be contacted.
We look forward to receiving your application!