World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Inspired by Christian values, World Vision is dedicated to working with the world's most vulnerable people.
Work with us for a better future for children!
The German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) through KfW Development Bank awarded a EUR 10,000,000.00 grant to World Vision for the implementation of a three-year project titled ‘The South Darfur Livelihoods and Agricultural Infrastructure Development Project’ (LAID) in Sudan. The aim of the project is to contribute to increased stability and economic well-being of approximately 36,000 conflict affected households and vulnerable communities in South Darfur State of Sudan. This shall be achieved by an increased access of the project beneficiaries to diversified sources of livelihoods and employment opportunities and the provision of infrastructure for agricultural and livestock production. It is against this background that World Vision is seeking an experience civil engineer to join our team in Sudan.
Technical Team Leader/ Engineering Expert (Sudan)
The Technical Team Leader will be responsible for overall delivery of project outputs related to infrastructure components, including:
- In line with KfW and WV procurement guidelines, overseeing tender processes (national & international bidding) for consulting services and works related the construction of irrigation infrastructures, wadi crossings, feeder roads and animal health centres.
- Assisting international procurement specialist and the project’s Chief of Party in prequalification of national and international suppliers.
- Ensuring highest quality standard with respect to technical feasibility studies and final designs for the infrastructure components.
- Liaising with external engineering consultants for expert advice and backstopping. If need be, actively expanding the pool of external expert.
- During contracting process and execution of contracts ensuring that international standards are applied (FIDIC etc).
- Providing technical support and capacity building for the local engineer on staff.
You are a communicative personality and want to use your expertise, experience and high level of commitment for our children's development organisation. You also have the following experience and qualities:
- Academic background in civil engineering (Masters or higher level) in relevant field (Water Resources, Construction)
- At least 10 years of work experience working in the engineering field with track record of leading infrastructure projects in fragile context.
- Experience with infrastructure development projects funded by the World Bank, or the KfW will be of great advantage.
- This role will also be expected to play a leadership role, through support to colleagues and work to ensure quality implementation. The post holder will be expected to mentor and/or build capacity of both international and national staff colleagues and local contractors.
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite for the job. German and/or Arabic language skills are of an advantage.
This is a full -time position based initially in Khartoum/Sudan and later in Nyala/South Darfur. Preference is given to applicants who can commit for an assignment of up to 2 years.
More than a job. Be part of our strength!
We accept your application via email (motivation letter with details of your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date, curriculum vitae and relevant certificates) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to hearing from you!