Help - Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe e.V. is a non-profit, independent organization, which was founded on the occasion of the war in Afghanistan in 1981 and is now active worldwide. With an annual project volume of 25-30 million Euro, Help provides rapid assistance in the event of disasters and sustainable reconstruction for and with people in need, especially in Africa, Asia and Europe.
As a globally operating humanitarian aid organization, Help receives funding and the highest recognition from national and international donors and is committed to the national and international standards of humanitarian aid as well as the transparent use of funds and impact monitoring.
Scope of position: Full-time (39h/week)
Place of work: Amman, Jordan (with regular visits to project locations in the region)
Contract duration: Initially limited to 1 year
Reporting duty: The position reports directly to the Country Director Jordan and the regional Director MENA
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a
Junior Projects Manager (m/f/d)
at the earliest possible date.
Would you like to take on a responsible task with sense?
Then support us in the following areas:
Project Design and Plan
- Plan, design and provide direct supervision of the implementation of Help project activities to ensure that deadlines are met and activities produce high quality output.
- Undertake field visits to supervise and monitor project activities and prepare assessments.
- Design and develop programmatic strategies
- Develop, monitor and evaluate tools for the project to ensure effective monitoring of each individual activity.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly project planning, review and progress meetings with the project team.
Coordination and Communication
- Keep in regular coordination with the project team and provide guidance.
- Attend the relevant meetings, workshops and forums to present the project achievements and successes.
- Establish and manage relationships with partners and key stakeholders.
- Support the project team in ensuring and maintaining comprehensive project documentation (including Activity, Monthly and Review Reports).
- Review and finalize the reports of key project activities.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits.
- Arrange monthly review meetings with senior management and donor.
- Ensure that project activities are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Preside all procurement procedures according to the Help Procurement Manual.
- Conduct regular meetings with the team to discuss issues, concerns, updates, etc.
- Build effective relationships and develop networks with all stakeholders including national, provincial and district authorities and organisations, donors, UN agencies and INGO/NGOs.
Convince us by:
- Handing in all relevant supporting documents referring to your degree, experiences: Minimum requirement is a Masters degree or equivalent in a relevant field of humanitarian aid or development work
- Demonstrating proven experience in PCM
- Being a digital native
- Having the ability to manage and work remotely with team members located in various countries and from various cultures
- a demanding and meaningful activity with responsibility and creative scope
- an international working environment characterized by a high level of commitment and team spirit
- flat hierarchies and flexible working hours
- performance-related, attractive remuneration
- 30 days of annual leave
Please send your application stating your salary expectations and earliest availability (please only: cover letter, CV, professional qualification, certificates as well as three references in a file attachment and max. 5 MB data volume!) by e-mail until 15.08.2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your contact person is Hala Satari. Please also state in your application where you found the job advertisement. People with disabilities will be given preferential treatment if they are suitable for the position. Further information on our work can be found at www.help-ev.de.