The PATRIP Foundation is a charitable, non-profit-making institution, set up by the German state-owned KfW Development Bank on behalf of the German Federal Foreign Office in 2011. The PATRIP Foundation’s overall goal is to contribute to more stability in fragile countries, where we work together with trusted NGO partners to support border communities facing challenges of isolation, violence, and poverty. The financial contribution of PATRIP Foundation is exclusively for charitable purposes of enhancing development co-operation, particularly through social and economic infrastructure projects in cross-border and close-border districts of Afghanistan, Pakistan and Tajikistan (PAT region) and countries in West Africa (WA region).
In the PAT region projects currently involve basic social infrastructure buildings, power transmission, water and sanitation, transportation infrastructure, education and health infrastructure, irrigation facilities and mine clearance, while in the WA region projects focus on both the strengthening of social cohesion through dialogue and conflict resolution, as well as on providing vital community infrastructure, particularly benefitting youth and women. Projects are implemented by national and international NGOs and generally have a duration of 24 months.
The PATRIP Foundation is supported by an external monitoring team of several technical and financial experts located in Australia, Pakistan, and Burkina Faso.
For more information please refer to our web site: https://patrip.org/
The PATRIP Foundation is currently looking for a
full-time Programme Manager
to support our team in Frankfurt am Main in Germany.
The Programme Manager will mainly support the design and implementation of the West Africa portfolio of the PATRIP Foundation that is expected to grow substantially over the coming months and years. In addition, the Programme Manager will have the chance to engage together with the PATRIP team in Frankfurt am Main in overall topics related to the Foundation’s strategic and organisational development.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Project development and monitoring, including financial monitoring and contract management
- Communication with implementing partners and the PATRIP external monitoring team
- Liaison with donor agencies in accordance with the PATRIP Board of Directors
- Participate in overall topics and internal projects of the Foundation such as business development, fundraising and evaluations, partly as responsible project manager
- Organisation of workshops with implementing partners and donors, including presentations and group discussions; organisation of field visits
- Support the PATRIP Board of Directors in any other issue, such as the preparation of presentations for the PATRIP Supervisory Board.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in development cooperation (NGO, donor agency, consulting business) including working experience in the field
- Working experience related to development cooperation in fragile contexts would be an asset
- Knowledge of challenges and stakeholders in the Sahel including working experience in West Africa would be an asset
- Proven experience in project development (including the design of theories of change/logical frameworks) and project monitoring
- Experience in public procurement would be an asset
- Readiness to travel to fragile regions
- Language skills: German, English and French as working languages
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- High motivation and initiative, capacity for self-organisation, excellent written and oral communication skills, intercultural competence
Please note that the candidate has to be willing to relocate to Frankfurt and obtain a valid work permit for Germany.
- Be part of a small and dynamic team
- Participate in the organisational development of a growing institution
- Work in a multi-cultural context including travelling
- Enjoy fair and flexible working conditions including training opportunities
Expected starting date:
- As soon as possible
Duration of the position:
- The employment is limited to 2 years, with the possibility of extension.
If you are interested in this position kindly submit your documents including a letter of motivation, your CV (max. 1 to 3 pages) and relevant diplomas and reference letters) electronically at the latest by 17 August 2020 to the following email address:
Please reply to the following questions in your letter of motivation and include the earliest date on which you would be available to start working for us, as well as your salary expectations.
- Why are you particularly qualified to support the PATRIP team as a Programme Manager?
- What do you expect of working as a Programme Manager for the PATRIP Foundation?
Pre-selected candidates will be invited to an interview by video/phone conference.
Please note that the position is conditional to funding we expect to receive.