Development worker as advisor (m/f/d) for user-centered and inclusive digital services and participation
App. w. professional exp. - TemporaryJob description
The political context in the Palestinian Territories is characterised by ongoing conflict, limited mobility and geographical and social fragmentation. Against this background, the creation of a wide range of high-quality digital services and innovative forms of participation can help to reduce regional disparities and strengthen social cohesion and inclusion. Local authorities play a key role in this respect. The GIZ project ‘E-Governance in the Palestinian Territories (INDIGO)’ aims to promote inclusive digital services and participation formats in Palestinian municipalities. Seconded to the Palestinian Ministry of Local Government (MoLG), the advisor will support this process of user-centered digital transformation.Your tasks
- Supporting MoLG, municipalities and village councils in the process of digital transformation and the integration of design-driven public service creation
- Advise on the design of tailor-made capacity development measures regarding human-centered design approaches and innovative participation for relevant stakeholders in the local governance sector
- Accompanying and supporting user-centered service design processes as well as the co-creative development of innovative participation formats in selected municipalities
- Advising MoLG on the development and unification of quality standards for e-governance in the local governance sector
- Advising MoLG on secure data exchange and interoperability within the local governance sector as well as with other government institutions
- Collaborating and advising on design-research to understand possible barriers in using digital technologies for citizens and adapting new ways of working for government professionals
- Assisting INDIGO on the design of activities in the fields of digital transformation, service design and citizen participation
- Supporting the monitoring of project activities and providing inputs for reports as well as for communication materials
- University degree in information and communications technology (ICT), political science, public administration, service design or similar qualification
- Strong track record of working with user-centered design approaches and innovative forms of citizen participation as well as in the ICT sector
- Affinity for digital transformation, proven ICT knowledge as well as experience and understanding of ICT developments and projects
- Experience in working across sectors and adapting the facilitation style and language to engage a diverse range of stakeholders
- Work experience in Palestine or the Middle East and North Africa region is an asset
- Team-oriented, friendly and motivated personality, tech savvy and interested in creative and innovative solutions
- Strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Very good English language skills, knowledge of Arabic and German is an asset
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
Please use the following link for information about living and working in the Palestinian Territories.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
Willingness to undertake regular business trips to Gaza and West Bank cities is required.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=50005