Junior Advisor (m/f/d) Energy Programme Ethiopia
Entry-level employees - TemporaryJob description
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its development policy objectives. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. GIZ is implementing various energy projects in Ethiopia with the aim to support a sustainable supply of energy services. This is intended to contribute to Ethiopia’s national strategies (National Electrification Plan, Growth & Transformation Plan, Climate Resilient Green Economy). The energy projects under the GIZ Energy Programme Ethiopia include: Energising Development Ethiopia; Energy Solutions for Displacement Settings Ethiopia; Green Peoples Energy Ethiopia and the German-Ethiopia Energy Cooperation. GIZ Energy Programme Ethiopia works in close cooperation with the Ministry of Water, Irrigation and Energy as its main political partner in the implementation of the programme.Your tasks
- Advising partners on the integration of private sector interests in overall solar photovoltaic sector as a business case
- Close coordination and smooth alignment between GIZ energy projects in Ethiopia, government partners, the private sector and other organizations to implement agreed measures
- Supporting GIZ energy projects in Ethiopia in developing relevant energy ideas or concepts and implementation of the same
- Close cooperation, mutual support and regular exchange with the teams in the Headquarter
- Advising and following up the GIZ energy project managers on the management decisions and documenting the same
- Support of all administrative processes within GIZ, including selection and professional support of experts as well as securing work results
- Support the Programme Director in the energy programme knowledge management, communication and related duties
- Completed university studies, ideally in the fields of political science, economics, engineering or energy
- First professional experience in the field of private sector, consultancy or development cooperation in Europe and Africa, preferably Ethiopia
- Experience in the field of energy efficiency, private sector, climate or similar areas is desirable
- First working experience with development cooperation or related companies in Europe or in Africa
- Very good organizational knowledge, communication and team skills
- Independent and structured way of working
- Fluency in English and German; Very good knowledge of a local language (e.g. Amharic) will be a great advantage
The GIZ offers an additional benefits package for deployments in fragile security situations.
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Ethiopia.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=50176