Professional in Organic Farming (m/f/x)
For us mission means improving living standards on the basis of our Christian belief. Faith, education, health, justice and peace: are themes of relevance and importance for us, in Asia, Africa and Germany. Our projects and programs reflect these priorities. In recent years we have developed into an international network of churches and diaconia with a modern and diverse profile.
The Christian Church in Indonesia, HKI has been a member of this international network for more than 30 years, engaging in areas of education, advocacy and development. The HKI actively provides a quality education on sustainable farming practices and raises awareness on current environmental challenges.
In the framework of our North-South-Personnel Exchange we are looking for a professional from Germany or another EU-country to work at the Pengmas Center. The Center was founded in 2013 by the HKI to offer practical training and workshops on Organic Farming to small scale farmers in North Sumatra.
Your responsibilities will include:
- take inventory of farming methods/techniques and socio-economic situation of small scale farmers in the catchment area of the HKI Church
- take inventory of objectives and strategies of the work of Pengmas and evaluate existing projects
- advising and supporting Pengmas staff in planning and implementing training activities and seminars
- establish a network of local actors, existing training centers, other religious institutions, NGOs and government agencies in the region to exchange on best practices
- developing a concept for internal and external fundraising for the Pengmas Centre
Skills and person specifications we are looking for:
- Completed relevant studies/training in the field of Agriculture
- Experience with impact-oriented projects, project monitoring and project evaluation
- Proven Consultation Skills in Development Projects
- Experience with projects in international and intercultural environment
- Excellent English speaking skills and ready to learn Indonesian
- Years of working experience in South-East Asia are preferable
This secondment will be for a three years period. Extension for a second term may be considered. The position/job offer is co-financed by Dienste in Übersee e.V. (Bread for the World) under the conditions of the “Entwicklungshelfergesetz”.
Please send your application in English by E-mail to: Mrs. Christina Bergmann
firstname.lastname@example.org before 31.08.2020